Computer scientists have an important role in designing powerful systems that measure physical output, convert the measurement to data and the data to information, and present this information to the benefit of humanity. In developing the information technologies of the future, the world needs creative and innovative young computer scientists and computer engineers. Faculty members and researchers of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of İstanbul Şehir University have come together with the awareness of this need.
In our curriculum formed jointly with the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, our aim is to help the students acquire an integral approach to the problems in the field of engineering. At our department, an international education awaits the students, which will prepare them in the best way to solve the computer science and computer engineering problems in the industrial and public domains and especially to a Ph.D. education on a more advanced level.
At the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, founded on intellectual and academic freedom, students will learn to take risks and be open to brave initiatives. The research fields in our department include distributed computing, cryptography, advanced database systems, cloud computing, social media and artificial intelligence. In addition, students will gain exposure to engineering ethics, engineering processes and entrepreneurship, and will gain a foundation that is serious, strong, theoretical and based on practice. They will graduate from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering with knowledge and skills to make abstraction and analysis, with a high capacity for design and solution.
Educational Mission of the Computer Science and Engineering Program
Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate program at İstanbul Şehir University prepares its graduates to become intellectual leaders in industry, government, and academia.
Graduates of this program are grounded in scientific, mathematical, and technical knowledge through coursework that keeps pace with current relevant technologies. They develop the ability to analyze, synthesize, and design both core parts of modern computing systems and integrated application systems centered at computers. They learn the scientific foundation for hardware and software engineering and apply it in engineering exercises.
By means of general education courses, they enhance their ability to communicate and acquire an understanding and appreciation for other areas of human intellectual achievement.
Educational Objectives of Computer Science and Engineering Program
Graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate program will:
- Engage in professional practice in academia, industry, or government;
- Promote innovation in the design, research and implementation of products and services in the field of Computer Science and Engineering through strong communication, leadership and entrepreneurial skills;
- Engage in life-long learning in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
Note: Program educational objectives are those aspects of engineering that help shape the curriculum; achievement of these objectives is a shared responsibility between the student and İstanbul Şehir University.
Program Outcomes of Computer Science and Engineering
Graduates of the Computer Science and Engineering undergraduate program will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program taught in: