Bachelor in Computer Animation and Interactive Media
F.I.T. offers one of the country’s most comprehensive curricula for a bachelor’s program in Computer Animation and Interactive Media. You’ll receive a solid foundation in 3D modeling and animation through a sequence of courses that culminates in a real-world production environment, including scripting, storyboarding, modeling, rigging, animation, lighting, camera, compositing, sound editing, music, and effects. You’ll also be involved in designing interfaces and using programming logic and data structures, as well as video, for more complex web-based projects and games. Related courses round out the experience, providing ongoing development of drawing and design skills.
With the exponential growth of 3D animation and interaction design, demand for qualified and talented animators and interactive media specialists is at an all-time high. New York City is becoming a center for 3D animated content, visual effects and motion graphics both for film and broadcast. Graduates of this program are employed in all aspects of production in these fields.
- F.I.T.’s two-year BFA program offers one of the most comprehensive curricula in the country for Computer Animation and Interactive Media. (Applicants must have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or 60 credits toward a bachelor’s degree.)
- New York City is becoming a center for 3D animated content, visual effects and motion graphics both for film and broadcast, offering you a variety of opportunities to make connections in the field.
- The program draws on New York’s professional community for guest speakers and site visits, and hosts important industry events at the college.
- Classes are taught by active industry professionals who are experts in the latest technologies.
In this program, you’ll:
- learn in a laboratory that simulates a professional production environment, with industry-standard hardware and software.
- be part of the production pipeline right from the start.
- produce an individual thesis and reel that exhibit your strengths in the areas you wish to pursue in the field.