Amplify your message on every platform
From journalistic writing and legal media issues to media theory, students study the foundations of communications and apply that learning in traditional and digital media environments. In the process, students learn the fundamentals of marketing and advertising while creating content for both print and digital media publications.
Wilson College communications graduates gain an array of marketable skills:
- AP Style
- Print and online media design
- Public relations
- Technical skills for use on traditional and electronic media
- Computer programming
- Graphic and website design
Internships in communications
Internships take place in local media markets and include exposure to both traditional and online forms of media. By the completion of the degree program, students will be ready to tackle the ever-evolving world of new and digital media with a firm foundation in traditional media forms and styles.
Life after Wilson College
Wilson College has a successful track record in educating students in the communications field. Recent graduates have been offered jobs such as:
- Writing for daily newspapers
- Editing nationally distributed magazines
- Writing for publications in the equestrian field
- Working in public relations at a large industrial firm
- Working for federal and state government agencies
- Teaching speech and journalism to high school students
- Working as a segment producer in a television station
- Working as on-air announcer in a radio station
- Working in human resources for a major international company
Other graduates have gone directly on to graduate study at schools including Syracuse University, the Art Institute of Chicago, Shippensburg University and numerous others.
All Wilson College graduates, regardless of major, are required to complete an assessment of the learning outcomes in their major. As a communications major, you will complete your assessment within a structured classroom setting designed to optimize the experience to allow you to demonstrate your mastery of the field.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 26, 2018