Type of study: bachelor's programme
Awarded degree: Bc.
Level of qualification: bachelor's (first level)
Awarded qualification: Bc. in the field of "Civil Engineering"
The aim of the four-year bachelor's program Civil Engineering is to gain a comprehensive foundation of the necessary theoretical knowledge, general, technical, professional and practical knowledge and skills in the whole range of civil engineering. The aim of the study is that his graduate:
- found a full-fledged application in the studied program,
- be able to creatively apply the acquired knowledge,
- succeeded in the competition of graduates of similar study programs of educational institutions not only in the Czech Republic but also in EU countries,
- could be authorized according to the Act No. 360/1992 Coll. as an authorized engineer in one of the authorization fields of the Czech Chamber of Authorized Engineers and Technicians in Construction,
- has the necessary language skills,
- could study in follow-up Master's degree programs at all faculties of construction in the Czech Republic and abroad.
The purpose is to prepare the graduate for practicing at appropriate middle and higher levels of technical and managerial positions in the business sector in design offices, implementation firms, investor organizations and public administration.
After passing the final state examination, the graduate is entitled to use the title "Bachelor" (abbreviated Bc. before the name).
Key learning outcomes.
A graduate of the Civil Engineering bachelor study program demonstrates knowledge, skills and knowledge:
- theoretical, technical, artistic, geodetic, ecological, sociological, demographic and economic disciplines relevant to construction practice,
- construction legislation and related activities,
- related fields, building physics, chemistry and material engineering,
- methods of data collection and analysis,
- on the use of buildings by persons with reduced mobility,
- building technology,
- the prevention of risks and the adoption of measures to eliminate them or to reduce their consequences in the preparation of the works;
implementation and maintenance,
Furthermore, the graduate demonstrates an understanding of the social context of construction practice, the operation of buildings and their economic and environmental impacts (environmental impacts). The graduate is able to apply the acquired knowledge in individual subjects in the given thematic area or specialization.
- analyze and synthesize problems within the building organization and building production,
- use technical, geodetic, economic and artistic procedures to solve problems of construction practice,
- design, implement and manage the performance of construction activities,
- elaborate, if necessary. participate in the elaboration of:
o project documentation of buildings,
on land-use planning documentation and relevant parts of land-use planning documentation,
- carry out static and dynamic structural calculations,
- carry out structural engineering or engineering surveys,
- carry out testing and diagnosis of structures,
- issue expert opinions,
- prepare documentation and assessments for partial assessment of the environmental impact of buildings,
- lead the construction,
- carry out geodetic measurements for design work and alignment work,
- perform authorial or technical supervision of the construction,
- to represent the builder, resp. the petitioner on the basis of authorization in territorial, construction or occupancy permit proceedings,
- to perform professional functions in the field of building regulations or spatial planning in state administration bodies
- to carry out an analysis of the implementation of buildings from the perspective of a safe workplace on the site,
- design buildings, including in terms of safe use and maintenance of buildings, etc.
Graduates of the bachelor's study program Civil Engineering have acquired the latest scientific and technical knowledge in a complex of their mutual connections. He / she is able to apply the acquired knowledge in individual subjects in the field of study specialization. He / she is able to perform functions requiring a separate solution to more complex engineering or managerial problems. Its application in practice is expected in technical or managerial positions requiring the ability to independently perform more demanding professional tasks in the design and operation of buildings. He / she can work in designing or implementing companies, in the area of public administration or other similar technical level. After gaining practical experience, the graduate can also hold higher managerial positions. engage in private business in the construction industry.
Its knowledge of foreign languages in the area of its expertise is a prerequisite for eventual activity abroad.
Candidates applying to study in the Civil Engineering bachelor’s study programme must demonstrate knowledge and understanding within the scope specified by the appropriate directive of the Dean of FCE BUT, which requires them to have successfully completed their secondary education with a “Maturita“ final secondary school exam. Then, either the grade point average from the candidate’s secondary school allows acceptance without an entrance exam, or an entrance exam is sat featuring mathematics and physics papers based on the current syllabus taught at grammar schools.
You will find complete iformation about how to apply here.
About the School
Brno University of Technology (BUT) is the largest technical/engineering university in the Czech Republic (21 000 students, 8 faculties, 3 university institutes) and one of the leading teaching and re ... Read More