Civil Engineering is one of the most popular and recognized specialities in the developed market economies. It provides professionals with all construction and administrative subjects – engineering, construction, consultancy and expert counseling, municipal and governmental bodies.
It prepares experts on different levels within the investment process, working in compliance with European environmental standards in a dynamic, global business environment with increasing competitiveness. This branch of engineering is therefore concerned with the provision of many of basic services required for the development of the society. Its successful practice requires the efficient application of mathematics, physics and economics.
The course of study is designed in consideration of the latest tendencies and requirements of leading European and American Universities in this field.
The Civil Engineering program offered by the European Polytechnical University is also designed in consideration of the latest requirements to business, companies and social responsibilities before the society. Through modern teaching and research methods, and with the participation of foreign tutors – Erasmus +, summer practice in real building companies, students acquire the required preparation at European level.
To meet the challenges of the evolving society, the program intends to provide a high-performance civil engineering education that fosters personal, professional and social responsibility, technical excellence and creativity; and effective teamwork and leadership.
Our civil engineering graduates are expected to attain the following educational program within 4 years will be professionals who:
1) Demonstrate a high level of individual, professional and social responsibility by:
- performing their duties with paramount consideration for the society, health, and welfare of the public and upholding and advancing the integrity and dignity of the profession;
- contributing to professional societies; requiring professional licensure, and engaging in lifelong learning;
- considering the economic, legal, political, environmental, social, and cultural impacts of projects in their decisions, and exercising sound judgment when faced with ethic ethical challenges.
2) Apply technical and non – technical skills in both traditional and creative ways by:
- applying mathematics, science, and engineering principals to address the civil engineering issues facing society;
- incorporating a breadth and depth of essential technical and non–technical knowledge to be productive in the today’s world;
- using creativity to find solutions for complex civil engineering problems.
3) Demonstrate strong communication, teamwork and leadership skills by:
- communicating effectively with professionals and public;
- functioning effectively in socioeconomically diverse teams;
- acting as leaders in the professional and communities through active participation.
Bachelors having graduated in “Civil Engineering” are qualified to make a career as:
- Process engineers and marketing professionals; experts, technical supervisors, consultants and managers in state-owned and private companies, construction and business companies, public and international institutions;
- Managers of repair works, operation and maintenance of buildings and facilities;
- Experts in monitoring bodies, international organizations in the field of construction; consultancy companies; in the field of real estate trade and teachers in vocational architecture and building high schools.
The bachelor program is characterized by requirements through a practice and application-oriented teaching approach. This phase is thus placed within the direct responsibility of the relevant sectors which employ the graduates, and it is thus much more target-oriented. All graduate engineers - bachelors work in their field of study in companies in 8 countries - from Cina and Norway to Dubai.
Program taught in: