Chemistry is the science that deals with the composition of matter, its properties and its transformations. In both experimental and theoretical, she studied many processes and phenomena related to other sciences such as physics, biology, biochemistry, medicine, pharmacy and materials science. This multidisciplinary fact of chemistry central science whose importance is growing in our society.
Among the current challenges that chemistry is called to face, specifically include the development of new production techniques that consume less energy and more environmentally friendly. These "clean" technologies particular objective treatment of industrial waste in order to meet the requirements of increasingly stringent air quality standards, soil and water. In this context, chemistry appears as an essential science to improve our quality of life.
During his training in the chemistry bachelor
- is trained in basic disciplines in the field of life sciences;
- acquires cross-trained in different areas of chemistry;
- acquires control of various modern laboratory techniques;
- acquires knowledge and expertise environmental chemistry matters;
- objectively discusses current issues on environment.
The training is organized in collaboration with the Department of Science and Management of the University of Liège environment. In addition to benefiting from the expertise of teachers and researchers of a university department, students benefit from the university laboratories, offering them the opportunity to work with advanced technologies relevant to their discipline.
Students benefit from multiple contacts with industry professionals. Corporate seminars and visits organized by the third year will make known the various fields of chemistry and the environment.
After his studies, the bachelor in chemistry will be able to work as a technician in different areas of chemistry, including:
- in industry and the public sector;
- in a control laboratory;
- in the field of research and development;
- for forensic science;
- in the technical and commercial sector;
- in administration;
- in education (at an additional educational qualification and useful experience).
The chemistry bachelor can also continue their studies through gateways to agricultural sciences, chemical sciences, and environmental management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 5, 2018