This major aims to cultivate advanced talents of Engineering Technology to gain the basic knowledge of Chemical Engineering and Technology and the practical application so that students can engage in work of engineering design, technology development, production operation, production technology and scientific application research in departments like chemical engineering, oil refining, coal conversion, gas conversion, metallurgy, energy recourse, light industry, medication, environmental protection and military industry after graduation.
Students in this major mainly study the basic theories and knowledge of Chemical Engineering and Technology, undergo the basic training of chemical and chemical engineering experimental skills, engineering practice, computer application, scientific research and engineering design, and gain the basic ability of reforming modern enterprise and production process, developing and designing the new process and researching and manufacturing new products.
Requisite knowledge and skills of graduates:
- To master the basic theories, knowledge and experimental skills of subjects of Chemical Engineering and Technology;
- To master certain professional chemical knowledge, to undergo the basic training of application method and developing research and to have the ability of adaptation, analyzing and solving practical problems related to chemistry;
- To master the methods of chemical engineering equipment design and technology and optimization of chemical engineering process simulation and to have the elementary ability of researching, developing and designing new product, new technology, a new technique, and new equipment;
- To master the basic methods of Chinese-foreign document inquiry, information retrieval and acquiring information by using modern technology, to have the certain abilities of experiment design, experiment condition creation, result conclusion, arrangement and analysis, thesis writing and academic communication and the ability of self-study, operation, practice and spirit of innovation;
- To know the national policies, guidelines, and regulations of chemical engineering production, design, research and development, and environmental protection;
- To know the theoretical leading edge of Chemical Engineering and the developing trend of new technology, technique, and equipment.
Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Instrumental Analysis, Principles of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Chemical Technology, Fine Chemical Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Design, etc.
Notarized highest diploma (photocopy): prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Copy of the first 10 pages of the passport,
- Copy of the high school graduation certificate or the transcript,
- A recent record of the sponsor’s bank account statement,
- Sponsorship letter,
- Application form (filled).
About the School
Founded in 1951, Liaoning University of Technology (LUT) is a provincial university of higher learning. It is a multifaceted university with engineering as its specialty, as well as offering instructi ... Read More