Program Description & Objectives
The Chemical Engineering Discipline of China University of Petroleum-Beijing (CUPB) is one of the best in petroleum refining in China, which is the application of the basic sciences, methods, and technologies to the effective processing and upgrading of crude oil, residues, distillates, and gaseous products. After 4 years of study, students should achieve the following.
- Comprehensive application of natural science, engineering basic theory and professional knowledge.
- Can solve complex chemical engineering problems, especially for the design, R&D, production, application and management problems in the petrochemical process;
- Having professional ethics and ethical responsibilities; Can consciously integrate process safety, laws and rules, environment, cultural and other non-technical factors into complex chemical engineering solutions.
- Inorganic and Analytical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Principles of Chemical Engineering;
- Chemical Reaction Engineering;
- Safety & Environment Protection in Chemical Industry;
- Petroleum Processing Engineering;
- Principles of Chemical Engineering Lab and Research Projects.
Graduation & Degree Requirements
- Study time: 4 years. Maximum 3-6 years
- 120 English Taught
- 160 Chinese Taught
Tuition: 25,000 RMB/Year
Our program is recognized and accepted by the most senior and top businesses around the world. Students graduating after studying this program have the opportunity to work in the various petroleum and petrochemical sectors of the oil & Gas Industry as well as other chemical Engineering related fields.
Where English was not the medium of instruction during a student’s previous study experience, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0. or TOEFL 75.
HSK 4 with at least 222 marks for applicants of the Chinese language program.
Application Deadline & Course Start Date
‘Applications open from October to June 15th for bachelor’s studies. Degree programs all start in September. We advise students to apply 3 months before the deadline in order to have ample time to prepare all the necessary materials and apply for scholarships.
About the School
China University of Petroleum (CUPB) was founded in 1953, nominated as one of the key national universities in 1960, and is a ‘211’ national universities under administration of the Ministry of Educat ... Read More