Bachelor in Ceramics
Ceramics provides students with the opportunity to develop as studio artists and designers for industrial products; introducing a range of possibilities for working with clay. Students have the option of specializing in studio ceramics, multimedia ceramics or ceramic sculpture. Areas of emphasis are experimentation, as well as strong critical and technical skills.
- Minimum FIVE (5) CXC subjects with grades 1 to 3 (grade 3 after 1998) or minimum FIVE (5) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level with grades A to C.
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- English Language at the CXC/G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is compulsory for all applicants.
- Visual Arts at the CXC/ G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is advantageous to applicants.
- PORTFOLIO: Applicants are required to submit a portfolio of original work for evaluation. The portfolio should consist of not less than fifteen (15) pieces of recent artwork, i.e., drawings were done from observation, including landscape, still life, self-portrait or figure drawing. Slides or photographs are accepted from overseas applicants.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants can register for the TOEFL examinations at www.ets.org/toefl.
Program taught in:
See 17 more programs offered by Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts »
This course is