Do you want to build a successful business or contribute to an already-established business, and help it succeed? Would your ideas improve customer satisfaction and profit? Every organization, regardless of industry, is dependent on business-savvy individuals. Join our business students at C.M.U., and you, too, will be on your way to a rewarding and successful career.
About This Program
The Business major focuses on a variety of areas, including marketing and advertising, management, finance, entrepreneurship, and so much more. Through this major, you will develop skills that build and transform you into an in-demand professional ready to take on the business world.
As a C.M.U. Business major, you will have opportunities to:
- develop the skills employers seek while taking classes such Business Law, Sales Management, Advertising, Fraud Examination, Business Communication, and Strategic Marketing participate in hands-on learning as you conduct case studies, work through projects, complete business plans, market campaigns, advertise and deliver presentations
- form a skill set that prepares you for a career in areas such as administrative and support services, management, advertising, marketing, public relations, financial services, government services, real estate, and more
- receive the preparation needed to earn an advanced degree
- Bachelor of Accountancy (BACC)
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Mangement
- Bachelor of Arts in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Business Majors may choose from the following concentrations: Management, Marketing and Advertizing, General Business, Banking and Finance, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Business Education
- minors in Business, Marketing, or Graphic Design are also available
Admission to C.M.U. is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
Whether you’re a College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) student or a College of Graduate and Extended Studies (CGES) student, C.M.U. will challenge you, and provide opportunities to develop skills that will pay off in your professional journey.
We would love for you to join us and experience an education that gives you more. There are just a few requirements to keep in mind regarding the admission process.
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
To receive admission to Central Methodist University, applicants are expected to have completed a college preparatory program with at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale or 2250 GED score and have a 21 or above on the ACT or 1500 or above on the SAT examination. Applicants are advised to complete a college preparatory program which would include:
- Four years of English
- Three years of Math
- Three years of Science
- Three years of Social Studies
- One year of a foreign language
Students falling below the minimum standards may be admitted on a provisional basis and will be considered individually. This consideration will be conducted by the Director of Admission and the Academic Standards and Admission Committee. Students admitted under provisional admission must comply with all conditions and requirements specified in writing by Central Methodist University
Homeschooled students must submit a valid homeschool transcript, have a 2.5-grade point average and a 21 ACT or above or a 1500 or above on the SAT.
Transfer applicants must have a 2.0 or higher GPA for all previously attempted college coursework and be eligible to return to the last college attended. Those who do not meet these criteria must present a letter of appeal to the Academic Standards and Admission Committee which will determine whether the student will be admitted.
All transfer applicants must submit official transcripts of their high school records clearly indicating GPA and class rank. Transfer applicants must also submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. These transcripts are part of the student's permanent college record.
College of Graduate & Extended Studies
Undergraduate - Transfer Student
Students must have completed 60 hours or more from an accredited college or have an associates degree and have at least a 2.0 GPA in transferable courses. Official transcripts from all colleges attended must be sent to C.M.U..
Students with less than a 2.0-grade point average may be considered for admission on a provisional basis. Certain degree-completion programs have additional, specific requirements.
Undergraduate - First Time Students
First-time Freshmen are those who are entering college for the first time or have successfully completed 11 or fewer college credit hours other than dual credit. Official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended must be sent to C.M.U. as well as ACT or SAT scores.
TUITION & FEES
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- Annual Tuition (12-18 hours per semester) $23,000
This program is offered at the following locations:
- Fayette, MO
- Online programs
About the School
Looking for more from your college experience – and from yourself? Come thrive at CMU. Empowered by a caring community, surrounded by every imaginable opportunity, you’ll discover your strengths. You’ ... Read More