The aim of the Program of Business Administration is to prepare specialists of broad erudition and wide profile able to take up the professional activity of a business administrator, a lower-level manager, etc., to work in any business organization’s administration unit, also in small and medium business companies.
Graduates of the program are able creatively to apply theoretical innovations and practical achievements in professional activity of the main areas of business administration (marketing, finance, human resource, operations management), to provide the independent analysis of various business administration problems, decision making and implementation, as well as project management, as well as to react to the changing business environment and different business contexts of the modern organizations.
Study Program of Business Administration are composed so that students, having successfully accomplished the program, would be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the fundamental theoretical provisions and concepts of business administration and related areas;
- Apply knowledge when assessing the main areas of business administration – marketing, finance, human resource, operations management;
- Apply theoretical innovations and practical achievements, tendencies, and peculiarities of a modern business environment, as well as different business contexts to the analysis of business administration situations;
- Investigate business administration problems of different nature applying scientific research methods and methods for determination of research results validity;
- Assess business administration issues and substantiate their relevance when analyzing the impact of the changing business environment factors;
- Demonstrate skills for the independent analysis of various business administration problems/situations, decision making and implementation, as well as project management;
- Demonstrate skills of oral and written communication, using professional business (including English) language.
Graduates of the Business Administration program will be able to:
- Further study in business administration and management, as well as in economics master study programs;
- Work in the marketing, finance, operations, human resource or any other business organization administration units;
- Take up the professional activity of a business administrator, a lower-level manager, etc. in any state or private manufacturing or service providing business enterprise, especially in the small and middle business sector;
- Start personal business establishing an individual company.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent degree and proven capability to fluently speak, read and write in English.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Proof of English Language: applicants have to present a document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicants had not received education in English. After admission, all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If the English level will be below B2 students will have to study English to reach the B2 level (in the first four semesters of Bachelor studies).
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter *0,3 + English*0,2 + Mathematics*0,3 + History*0.1 + Geography*0.1.
Bachelor and Master Degree students have the possibility to take part in various exchange programs (Bilateral exchange, Erasmus+) for studies and internships and get monthly scholarships of 300 – 700 Euro.
Vytautas Magnus University provides international degree students with a great possibility to choose Minor studies.
About the School
Ranked in QS World University Rankings as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a wid ... Read More