As a marketing major, you’ll learn everything from advertising to e-commerce, the fastest growing area of marketing today. Career opportunities in marketing are plentiful with a continued positive employment growth rate forecasted. You’ll learn cutting-edge, innovative marketing techniques sure to help you stand out from the competition.
Career opportunities in marketing are plentiful with a continued positive employment growth rate forecasted. Students learn the latest cutting-edge and innovative marketing techniques designed to give them an advantage over their competition and to enhance their career path.
Business Administration: Marketing Fast Facts
- The Center for Online Marketing (.COM) specializing in web design, search optimization, and social media advertising.
- Take part in national competitions to build online skills.
- Gain knowledge of cutting-edge marketing techniques.
- Access to Fortune 500 Network.
- Advisory Board Members - Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment.
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business.
- Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making.
- Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment.
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles and key concepts in marketing.
- Assess the legal, economic, and social aspects of a marketing decision.
Students who choose the major concentration in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing must complete:
Business Administration Core
- ACCT 120 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 121 Intro to Management Accounting
- FINC 235 Financial Management
- INBU 250 International Business
- BLAW 240 Business Law I
- MGMT 225 Principles of Management
- MGMT 255 Info Systems for Mgmnt or ACCT 261 Computer Application for Accountants
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior or ENTR 250 Social Entrepreneurship
- MKTG 220 Principles of Marketing
Select four of the following six courses
- INBU 375 International Marketing
- MKTG 344 Advertising
- MKTG 345 Digital Marketing
- MKTG 348 Sales Management
- MKTG 350 Entertainment Marketing
- MKTG 440 Marketing Research
- MKTG 442 Marketing Management
- MKTG 450 Applied Result Analysis in MKT
- MGMT 460 Strategic Management
Any five courses.
* There is a 15-credit residency requirement in the specialization, which must be satisfied by Business Administration courses numbered 295 or above.
• Students who do not have full-time jobs should try to use their open electives for an internship
Marketing graduates may seek positions such as account executive, art director, copywriter, creative manager, market researcher, marketing manager, media planner, web management and sales representative.
About the School
Mercy offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs within five schools: Business, Education, Health and Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Social and Behavioral Scien ... Read More