BRIDGE AND HIGHWAY ENGINEERING
Bridge and Highway Engineering is the application of technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities to provide for the safe, efficient, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods.
Bridge and Highway Engineering offers opportunities as Construction Engineer, Transportation Planner, Transportation Designer, etc.
Students studying Bridge and Highway Engineering will develop knowledge and skills in the planning, design, construction and implementation of building and infrastructure facilities specialized in roadways and bridges.
Opportunities for students graduating with Bridge and Highway Engineering Degree are expected to increase in the next decades.
The job varies depending on the nature of the transport system and the size and type of employer. Graduates may generally involve in analyzing data, identifying problems and solving them with innovative solutions. They may also develop new roads and design traffic patterns. Besides that, supervision of transportation construction is usually included in transportation engineer tasks.
Some of the popular jobs in Bridge and Highway Engineering are listed, but not restricted to, as the following:
- Construction Engineer: working onsite to manage the construction and to ensure that a particular project is on schedule, is built according to the design and is safe for the workers involved.
- Transportation Planner: planning to build transportation roadways and facilities together with balancing the needs and concerns of the public with the demands of the project.
- Transportation Designer: Designing transportation projects considering the cost and the impact to the surrounding environment.
- Graduates can become consultants for transportation constructions or lecturers in colleges and universities as well.
OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSFER TO OUR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Students have 2 options:
Students study at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Bridge and Highway Engineering awarded by HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
After completing 02 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
HCMUT-Bach Khoa University is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Bridge and Highway Engineering awarded by HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Campus: HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus (For more information about HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus, please visit our campus)
List of Courses
||Applied Informatics To Bridge & Highway Engineering
||Topics in Transportation Construction
||Highway Engineering 2
|Highway Construction and Maintenance
||Experiments and Highway Materials
|General Vietnamese Language
||Dynamics of Structures
|Bridge and Highway Foundations
||Construction Project Management
|Bridge Design 2
Please contact or visit HCMUT-Bach Khoa University website for further information.
Program taught in: