University of Wroclaw
The aim of BSc studies in biotechnology is:
- acquiring basic knowledge of the molecular basis of biological phenomena and processes through learning mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics, as well as molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, the biology of the cell and biotechnology,
- acquisition of deeper knowledge in the biochemistry of proteins, carbohydrates and lipid compounds, their structures and functions, as well as their metabolisms,
- acquisition of the skills to use various experimental techniques required for employment in the biotechnological industry, as well as various types of laboratories (analytical, research or industrial),
- understanding of computer and language tools, their application for the collection, analysis, and presentation of data during professional work,
- preparing the student to conduct an independent or collaborative research practice, to discuss results, to formulate statements, and write reports.
Upon successful completion of the first degree studies in biotechnology, the graduate will have the basic knowledge in molecular basis of biological phenomena and processes and advanced knowledge in biochemistry, will be able to apply this knowledge in biotechnology, will be prepared to work in laboratory, will apply scientific methods and good experimental designs in scientific experiments, will understand and demonstrate laboratory safety procedures, as well as bioethical standards. The graduate will be aware of the need to constantly improve the professional and personal competencies.
- Certified copies of your High School Diploma,
- Certified copies of your academic records,
- Certified copies of your English proficiency (B2 level),
- A digital passport photo,
- A copy of the passport,
- A medical certificate,
- Confirmation of payment registration fee on University account,
- Motivation letter.
See 7 more programs offered by University of Wroclaw »
Last updated February 11, 2019
This course is
EU candidates: 2,000 Euro for each year. Non-EU candidates: 3,350 Euro for the 1st year and 3,200 Euro for the 2nd + the 3rd year.