Students choose a minimum of 33 hours in Biology (including 17 upper-level hours) in addition to the above to complete the major. (The Biology major requires a minimum of 40 hours, at least 20 upper-level, of BIO/HRP courses.)
A minor is required. A chemistry or mathematics minor is strongly recommended for most careers in Biology. However, students are free to minor in any area. Other useful minors for Biology students include psychology, business, or physical education.
Biological Sciences Core Curriculum
All Biology majors are required to take the following courses. Some of these courses will also satisfy Bachelor of Science core curriculum requirements.
Biology (7 hours)
- Zoology (or equivalent)
- Biology Capstone (BIO 498)
Chemistry (12 hours)
- Inorganic Chemistry I
- Inorganic Chemistry II
- Organic Chemistry I
Mathematics (10 hours)
- 6 hrs MAT courses (College Algebra or higher)
- Psychological Statistics
Standards for Admission
- Freshmen Complete the application for undergraduate admissions
- Send in your $40 application fee
- Send in your official ACT or SAT scores
- Send in your official high school transcript
- Send in proof of measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) immunizations (must have had one MMR shot in the last ten years or two MMR shots in your lifetime.)
- If you have taken college classes during high school, call the college and ask them to mail us an official and final college transcript.
About the School
William Carey University is a community of learners which seeks to blend faith and learning with living. Within this unique nurturing and challenging environment students prepare to fulfill their div ... Read More