*Our University’s Response to Covid-19*
Midway University plans to resume on-campus, face-to-face instruction, and residential operations for the 2020-21 academic year. We will begin classes on Monday, August 17, 2020, as originally scheduled.
We have already implemented extensive new policies and are making campus modifications to ensure safe distancing in our classrooms, residence halls, dining hall, workspaces, athletic facilities (including the new Hunter Field House), and other common areas.
Though the state of Kentucky currently has stable, low rates of infection, we are committed to helping our international students and are exceptionally offering an online, long-distance learning option. Contact us to learn more about the online option for the fall semester.
Start your path to a professional school or a career in science with a degree in Biology from Midway University.
Midway’s Biology program propels students into professional schools that include pharmacy, medicine, veterinary medicine, and physical and occupational therapy.
The numbers speak for themselves – 90 percent of our Biology degree graduates are accepted into graduate and professional schools.
With outstanding science facilities, an impressive record for grads, and a low faculty to student ratio, Midway University is your formula for success when pursuing a degree in science.
A Solid Foundation for Success
The Midway University Biology Program will give you a firm foundation from which to launch a career with opportunities to follow a variety of paths.
Working closely with your advisors, you’ll develop a plan that gives both a broad foundation in the sciences and a specific course of study for your preferred field.
With dedication, you’ll be equipped to pursue:
- Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Physical and Occupational Therapy, and Veterinary Schools
- Graduate programs in Genetics & Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Botany & Zoology, Ecology, and Environmental Sciences.
- Private & Public sector jobs in labs and fieldwork
- Biology & Environmental Education
- Consulting & Advocacy organizations
- 16:1: Student-to-faculty ratio
- Affordability: 90% of students receive some form of financial assistance
- Support: Meet faculty face-to-face to get in-person assistance
A Peek Inside Our Program
You will earn your Biology degree by completing 120 credit hours.
Total Credit Hours: 120
- Common Application: We accept online applications on our website or through the Common Application.
- Complete the application: Apply Online or Download Application (PDF). A nonrefundable application fee of $30.00 is required before the application can be processed.
- Submit High School Transcript – Official transcripts should be mailed directly by the high school to the Office of Admissions or sent electronically by a secured third site (i.e. Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearinghouse).
- Official TOEFL/IELTS/SAT scores – Midway University will accept official score reports from the testing organizations. You can submit one of the scores as part of the Application Process.
Midway’s SAT code is 1467 and ACT is 1528
About the School
Midway University, located in Midway, Kentucky, is a private, non-profit liberal arts college, founded in 1847 by Dr. Lewis L. Pinkerton, as the first school in the United States to serve orphaned and ... Read More