The Department for Biology has sufficient educational facilities and research equipment necessary for training highly-skilled biologists and for enabling them to be engaged in research, teaching, and manufacturing using state-of-the-art facilities, methods and technologies.
The teaching staff comprises 7 Professors (Doctors of Science), including a corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and 10 Associate Professors, Ph.D.s in Biology.
Skills and Competences
- Operating high-tech equipment;
- Organizing and conducting expedition trips, field, and laboratory studies;
- Teaching biology at Universities, vocational and secondary schools;
- Biomonitoring and bioresources condition assessment;
- Participating in the development of endangered species restoration projects;
- Control over medical, foodstuff and agricultural manufacturing;
- Organizing and conducting various studies in agriculture, forestry, and pharmaceutics;
- Landscape design and landscape gardening;
- Establishing small innovative enterprises involved in biochemistry and molecular biology.
Areas of Professional Activities
- Animate nature studies;
- Using biological objects for research, economic and medical purposes;
- Nature protection.
Objects of Professional Activities
Biological systems of various organization levels (their functioning and evolution processes; biological, bioengineering, biomedical, biochemical, biomolecular and nature-preserving technologies; biological expert assessment and monitoring; assessment and restoration of territorial bioresources and environment).
Graduates may be employed as
- Ecologists, microbiologists, virologists, zoologists, geneticists, biochemists, molecular biologists;
- Teachers at secondary or vocational schools or university lecturers;
- Research fellows at universities or research institutes;
- Landscape designers, managers or laboratory workers;
- Journalists engaged in promoting science;
- Founders of laboratories or of small innovative enterprises specializing in biology;
- Designers of equipment for medical and biological research laboratories.
The deadline to submit the application is August 8, 2020, however, international students are strongly encouraged to apply by July 18, 2020.
About the School
The mission of Belgorod State University (BelSU) is to solve research problems of international and national significance, to harmoniously integrate the educational, research, social and cultural func ... Read More