Applicants for Biology programme must have a high school diploma (Biology and Chemistry should be studied) or equivalent degree and proven capability to fluently speak, read and write in English.
After completion of this study programme students will be able:
- To understand principles of immune, nervous and other systems, their structures, integration with other vital systems of biological objects;
- To work with living cells, organisms, populations. To evaluate processes taking place inside of the cell, work with cell cultures under laboratory conditions, to apply obtained results for modeling of biological systems, to evaluate intercellular interconnections, relations between single individuals and populations;
- To apply modern investigation methods, to work according to principles of good laboratory practice, rules of bioethics, to collect, process, preserve and prepare research material under laboratory and field conditions;
- To apply acquired knowledge to solve emerging problems, to recognize, analyze biological problems, to plan strategies to solve these problems, to plan and carry out various measurements, process and interpret biological data, to classify and present these data;
- To analyze diversity, morphological structure, composition, nourishment, reproduction, life cycles, classification of biological objects, to characterize biological object systems, their functioning and interaction.
Graduates can work at the:
- Companies related to biotechnology, biopharmaceutics and food industry;
- Research and study organizations dealing with various activities related to biotechnology, bioinformatics, biopharmaceutics, and environment preservation.
The BA programme in Biology provides the following study opportunities at Masters’s Degree level:
- Biology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Ecology, and other master programmes related to physical and biomedical sciences.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 14, 2018