The pre-professional major is designed for students planning on going to medical school, dental school, veterinary school, or pursuing a career in another health related area and for students interested in graduate school or other pre-professional programs.
The degree of Bachelor of Science, with a major in biology, requires successful completion of 120 semester hours including (1) the Program of General Studies (six hours of foreign language is recommended); (2) one of the biology programs listed below; and (3) a program of electives or a minor as worked out with the student’s adviser; recommended minors include chemistry, geology, physics, psychology, mathematics, computer science, or statistics.
Concord University welcomes applications from men and women who are willing to work conscientiously and to regard the opportunity to attend a university as a serious challenge. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications 60 days prior to the semester in which they are to enroll. Even though an interview is not required, prospective students are encouraged to visit the campus
Where Our Recent Graduates Have Gone
- Medical school at WVU, Marshall University, WV School of Osteopathic Medicine, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Edward Via School of Osteopathic Medicine, Lincoln Memorial-DeBusk School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dental School at WVU
- Physical Therapy School at WVU, Marshall University, and Radford University
- Veterinary School at Virginia Tech and University of Georgia
- Graduate School at Virginia Tech, Clemson University, Coastal Carolina University, Emory University, University of Georgia, William & Mary, Marshall University, WVU
- Environmental consulting firms in Beckley, WV and Bluefield, WV
- Secondary education - high school science teachers throughout southern WV and beyond.
- Research technicians at biotech companies