The Biochemistry and Chemistry programs at U.C.M. provide a balanced curriculum of classroom instruction and practical laboratory experience.
Why Choose Biochemistry at U.C.M.?
- You will receive hands-on experience with instrumentation, chromatography, calorimetry, electrochemical analysis and more.
- You will have access to modern, well-equipped computer laboratories in various areas of specialization, electronic classrooms, and a library study area.
What will I study?
Biochemistry is a common and well-suited major for many of the pre-professional programs (medicine, dentistry, veterinary, pharmacy, optometry) and also qualifies graduates to work as teachers or as chemists in industry and government.
- Intermediate and Advanced Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics and Kinetics
What can I do with a degree in Biochemistry?
- Biomedical Engineer
- Molecular Biologist
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At U.C.M., we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects. In Biochemistry there are several opportunities to be involved in:
- American Chemical Society
- Beta Beta Beta
- Sigma Pi Sigma
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 26, 2017