The Biochemistry and Chemistry programs have a long-standing tradition of educating students in the traditional areas of chemistry and new expanding programs within our disciplines. There are also many exciting pre-professional programs available for our students. The Biochemistry and Chemistry programs at UCM exist to provide active, modern undergraduate programs in chemistry:
- To serve the intellectual needs of students seeking a liberal education
- To serve the technical and general educational needs of students
- To prepare professional chemists and teacher
- For students planning careers in health, science, and engineering fields.
Why Choose Biochemistry at U.C.M.?
- You will receive hands-on experience with instrumentation, chromatography, calorimetry, electrochemical analysis and more.
- You will have access to modern, well-equipped computer laboratories in various areas of specialization, electronic classroom, and a library study area.
What will I study?
Biochemistry is a common and well-suited major for many of the pre-professional programs (medicine, dentistry, veterinary, pharmacy, optometry) and also qualifies graduates to work as teachers or as chemists in industry and government.
- Intermediate and Advanced Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: Thermodynamics and Kinetics
What can I do with a degree in Biochemistry?
- Biomedical Engineer
- Molecular Biologist
How can I get involved outside the classroom?
At UCM, we value an engaging learning experience that includes student involvement and service-learning projects.
In Biochemistry there are several opportunities to be involved in:
- American Chemical Society
- Beta Beta Beta
- Sigma Pi Sigma
About our Faculty
The student to faculty ratio at UCM is 20 to 1, which allows professors to get to know you and provide personalized attention.
Active research, workshop and seminar participation keep chemistry faculty current in the ever-advancing field of science. In addition to a wide range of academic and professional experience, all faculty members in Biochemistry have earned doctorates in their fields of expertise.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 11, 2018