Automotive Engineering program is one of the earliest programs that were offered by Palestine Polytechnic University. It is a special program of its kind as it aims to support a very important career sector in Palestine, which is automotive trade and after-sale service sector. The program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to become professional automotive engineers. The multidisciplinary nature of the content allows for providing a solid grounding in fundamentals and know-how, with significant content in engineering sciences and design including computer-aided design.
State-of-the-art laboratories and facilities were developed to support the program to cover a wide range of automotive and mechanical technologies. These resources allow students to gain technical expertise along with theoretical understanding required for an integrated approach required for the automotive sector and related industries in a well-balanced fashion. Program content allows graduates to gain the important technical skills that are highly valued by the local employment sector.
To ensure compatibility with the international standards, the university has recently obtained a Tempus grant (Career-Oriented Curricula Development for Road Vehicle Maintenance) for developing the program in cooperation with a Palestinian and European partner. The European grant allowed for developing the program contents, teaching staff competencies, and educational resources.
- Providing the society with graduates who are committed to social, cultural, global, environmental, professional, and ethical responsibilities required for sustainable development.
- Qualifying students to apply effective, creative and innovative solutions, both individually and cooperatively, to current and future mechanical and automotive engineering problems.
- Providing students with the knowledge of basic science, engineering fundamentals, research skills, technical competence, and communication skills required to undertake problem identification, formulation and solution.
- Qualifying students to analyze, synthesize, and maintain state-of the-art automotive systems using proper principles and tools in a planned and timely manner.
- Providing students with the required capabilities to undertake lifelong learning and to take a leadership role in the community.
About the School
Palestine Polytechnic University (PPU) has witnessed quantum leaps in a short three-decade time during which it had been developed from a community college with few scattered buildings and limited pro ... Read More