Whether you want to work in music production, post production for film or TV, live sound, radio broadcasting, sound design, game sound or in one of the many different areas of the audio industry, the BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production* Bachelor Degree gives you the knowledge and practical skills required for a successful career.
The study programme consists of two courses, the well known and industry recognised SAE Audio Engineering Diploma and the Bachelor level that provides you with additional skill sets and understanding of the creative industries, project management, intellectual property and specialised audio technique, leading to an internationally recognised BA/BSc (Hons) Audio Production* degree, validated by Middlesex University, London.
There are different study modes available:
- Full time: The course is delivered full time where the standard duration is 96 weeks (24 months). This compact, fast-track study allows you to graduate quicker, and start your career earlier.
- Part time: In case of part time studies, there are 2 options available. Option one comprises a standard period of 120 weeks (30 months). Option 2 covers 168 weeks (42 months).
- University entrance qualifaction (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 18 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theoretical tests and own notes from lectures
- Normal hearing (audiogram required)
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; atleast Level B2
- Music Producer
- Jingle Producer
- Sound Designer
- Studio Engineer
- Recording Engineer
- Mixdown Engineer
- Mastering Engineer
- Post Production Engineer
- Pro Tools Operator
- FOH Engineer
- Monitor Engineer
- Theatre Sound
- Supervising Sound Editor
- Radio Producer
- Location Recordist
- Sound Mixer
- Foley Artist Boom Operator
- Audio Branding
- Sound Artist
- Music Production
- Sound for moving image (TV, Film, Web)
- Application of Sound in Business
- Advertising Corporate Sound
- Events & Conferences
- Sound for Games
- Artist Exhibition
*Following successful completion of the SAE Diploma, students may be eligible to enrol in a programme validated by Middlesex University and study towards an Honours degree. Applicants who meet certain entry requirements may apply on the full time mode of study. ± usually not applicable for Non-EU residents SAE Institute reserves the right to make revisions and changes to the information presented, in line with continuous improvement actions and stakeholder feedback.
About the School
SAE Institute was founded in 1976 and has since grown to become the world’s largest, industry-focussed creative media educator with 54 campuses in 26 countries. SAE’s curriculum has been carefully cra ... Read More