The programme is mainly based on practice, thus you will study a wide range of topics – including music composition and musical structure for music production, practical music harmony and melodies, enhancing recording skills in studio and live situations, mixing and mastering techniques, marketing skills – with the ultimate aim to create a successful music portfolio of your own innovative, professional compositions.
On the BA (Hons) Music Production programme, you will have the opportunity to produce your music in 3 professional sound studios equipped up to the industry standard. You will receive training on Logic Studio software, and use Avid Pro Tools, Ableton and Final Cut Pro. Our lecturers have professionally worked in media industry and gained experience abroad. Most of the staff is involved in various activities of creative industries (composers, sound designers, researches, technicians, video artists, producers), so their latest practice can be quickly incorporated into the course.
The covered study areas include:
- Compositional and technical skills
- Research skills
- Exploration of the creative uses of sound manipulation
- Developing knowledge of critical and contextual language in relation to specific areas of music production, DJ practice and live performance
- Developing and understanding of recording skills
- Methodology in mixing and mastering
- Examination of industry marketing strategies and their successful application in your business model
- Creating your music promotion and marketing strategies
- Creating a functioning website with an end user in mind
About the School
Ranked in QS World University Rankings as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where a wid ... Read More