The bachelor’s program “Artificial intelligence and computer science” equips students with the modern knowledge and skills to design and develop computer systems based on the latest achievements in the field of Artificial Intelligence - Deep Learning.
Students will learn the theoretical and practical aspects of Artificial Neural Networks, Fundamentals of Programming, Data Science, Computer Systems. Classes include Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Style Transfer, Autoencoders, Generative Adversarial Networks, etc. The advantage of this program is the concentration on practical examples that demonstrate the application of Artificial Intelligence methods and provide practical experience.
The program follows the principle of “going from easy to complicated”. It’s the basis for all study courses and laboratory assignments. In the learning process, students will have the opportunity for independent creative research and the implementation of their own business projects, to take part in the competitions of neural network developers on the global Kaggle platform.
Competencies and skills
- Python programming skills;
- Knowledge of the basic algorithms of Artificial Intelligence;
- Ability to prepare Data for a Neural Network (loading, clearing, normalization, etc.);
- Ability to analyze data with Pandas, Seaborn, Matplotlib libraries;
- Ability to apply a neural network with a given architecture using ready-made libraries.
Educational Modules include:
- Python Programming;
- Python and machine learning tools, libraries (Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch) and frameworks for real-life problem solving;
- Data analysis with Python;
- Neural Networks Basics;
- Deep learning;
- Computer vision;
- Natural Language Processing (NLP);
- Audio signal processing;
- Time series analysis in Python;
- Generative adversarial networks (GAN)
Length of study: 4 years
Tuition fee per year: 150 000 RUB (2000 USD)
Internship and Career Opportunities
All types of internships and subsequent employment of graduates are envisaged in state-owned enterprises and private business enterprises in Russia and abroad - China, Mongolia, Vietnam, etc.
The main specialties that a graduate can apply for are Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, Artificial Intelligence Engineer, programmer. Today, graduates are in demand primarily in large and medium-sized energy enterprises (for example, Irkutskenergo), engineering (Irkutsk Aviation Plant), metallurgy (Aluminum plants), Retail enterprises, etc.
In addition, the practice can be completed at IRNITU in educational research laboratories: “Educational Research Laboratory Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning”, “Educational Research Laboratory of Methods and Means of Information Protection”, “Educational Research Laboratory of Nanostructure Modeling” and IRNITU centers: “International Center for Applied Developments for Cloud and Data Center Technologies”, “Baikal Center for Nanotechnologies”, etc.
- English language (or provide TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent)
About the School
Irkutsk National Research Technical University (INRTU) is a leading research university in Eastern Siberia and ranks among the most innovative and perspective. It provides a wide range of higher edu ... Read More