Bachelor in Advertising Design
The essence of this field is not just design, but communication, especially how images and words work together to grab attention and convey a message. F.I.T.’s Advertising Design program produces thinkers who can cut through the visual clutter and develop breakthrough television, billboard, print, and—increasingly important in today’s marketplace, internet ads—that get noticed. You’ll hone your design, technical, market strategy analysis, and presentation abilities. You’ll develop the creative skills for specific aspects of the industry, including image creation, art direction, concept development, and copywriting. The program concludes with a thesis project and a juried design exhibition. You’ll graduate with a strong portfolio to present to potential employers.
- New York City is the advertising and design capital of the world, home to over 4,000 agencies as well as scores of corporations with their own in-house designers. You’re immersed in the industry through field trips, internships, and a professional faculty with their own successful careers in the field.
- The Advanced Advertising Design Workshop offers an agency-like experience where students work with actual clients and enter their projects in industry competitions.
- The F.I.T. One Club student chapter offers access to events, lectures, and networking opportunities with advertising design professionals.
In this program, you’ll:
- gain firsthand design experience through internships at major advertising agencies, including Deutsch, DDB, Grey, and Kirshenbaum Bond and Partner, among others.
- learn your craft in classrooms that simulate professional environments and incorporate industry-level technology.
- explore New York’s ad agencies, design studios, animation facilities, galleries, and production houses, extending your classroom learning experience into the real world.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 11, 2018