The School of Administration and International Business seeks to prepare professionals with a global vision, negotiation skills, and interest in doing business with people from different countries and cultures.
This program offers you the tools you need to start up or manage any business with international operations, to detect opportunities overseas for purchase or sale of products and services, to analyze the economic, political, social and cultural situation of different countries and regions, and to become involved in all the processes of negotiation.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proactive
- Be a leader
- Be creative
- Have analytical, numerical, verbal and technological skills
- Work well with others
- Be interested in learning
- Be able to interact easily with people from different cultures, societies, and economies
Upon completing the program, the student will have the following knowledge, skills, and attitudes:
- Personnel management, and strategies to implement corporate governance
- Techniques to develop and apply innovative and competitive marketing and logistics strategies in order to achieve product and service positioning in international markets.
- Tools for quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- The elements and tools to evaluate international project viability and effective application of commercial and negotiation strategies.
- Specific methodologies for international business in Law, Economics, Finance and Global Trade.
- Customs legislation and International Law to comply with international laws.
- Negotiation and Diplomacy to gain a competitive advantage in treaties and agreements.
- International Organization and Treaties, Geopolitics, and Economic Integration to understand world order in business.
- Finance and financial analysis for resource administration and decision making.
- Ethics to offer value-centered personal and professional benefits to a business.
- Management control and information to support accounting registers of operations.
- Operation, planning and production development within organizations, as well as mathematical tools for resource optimization.
- How to start up a company and generate jobs.
- Development of business opportunities and an impulse to existing companies. Development, creation, assessment, and planning of companies which contribute to social and personal welfare.
- The implementation of competitive strategies using appropriate data systems and computer tools.
- Promote and maintain a spirit of service and personal, group, and organizational growth.
- Development of world-class companies
- Clear goal setting
- Generating changes in the work environment
- Undertaking projects
- Managing staff
- Good decision making
- Make business decisions from a global perspective and with an ethical orientation
- Seek top performance in all functions
- Commitment to society, the company, and to obligations; adherence to a cause
- Application of knowledge with a high ethical-humanistic sense, with responsibility and solidarity to society.
Participating in an internship program offers students professional experience and a chance to apply their knowledge. We have agreements with chambers of commerce and consulates, as well as companies in the field of merchandising, logistics, manufacturing, etc.
Some examples are: Flextronics, Sanmina, Expeditors, U.S and Canadian Consulates, American Chamber of Commerce, Worldmark, Divemex, Tequila Sauza, etc. Our students also have the opportunity to carry out their professional practice abroad, in the United States, China, Brazil, Chile, etc.
Field trips and conferences:
To help students understand the practical application of classroom theory, we carry out field trips to different companies or invite managers of these companies to UP to give a talk to our students. Companies which participate in these programs are:: Expeditors, FedEx, Customs Office of Guadalajara, the Association of Customs Agents, the U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara, Deloitte, the Secretariat of the Economy, Compusoluciones, ARTEX, etc.
These can be national or international. We visit companies, government institutions, chambers of commerce, embassies, consulates, etc. The aim is for students to learn about the culture, ways of working, political, economic, and the situation in different parts of the world. In Mexico, we have organized trips to Querétaro, Mexico City, Guanajuato, Manzanillo, among others. Abroad, our students have visited Nueva York, Washington, Chile, Brazil, the UAE, the Netherlands, China, etc.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018