BS in Accounting Degree Requirements include seven required courses for the major, fulfillment of the University and Business Core Curriculum and a minimum of 121 total credits.
Freshman year, you’ll take introductory courses in business, management information systems and mathematics along with the core curriculum and courses in the humanities and social sciences.
Your second year, you’ll take introductory accounting courses and business courses in various disciplines. Heavy concentration in accounting major courses begins in your third year.
- ACCT3241 Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACCT3242 Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACCT3243 Costing Accounting: Measurement and Control
- ACCT3390 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT4261 Advanced Accounting
- ACCT4263 Auditing Concepts
- ACCT4267 Fundamentals of Federal Taxation
Students with specific questions about the degree requirements should contact their advisor on their home campus.
Combined BS-MS in Accounting Degree Option
If you intend to pursue a master’s degree consider our BS-MS Accelerated Degree Program.
If you are a prospective student and would like information about applying to Fairleigh Dickinson University, please contact the Office of Admissions at 973-443-8900 or 201-692-7308 or via email
If you would like information regarding the majors, courses or careers paths, please contact the Department Chair Ron West at 973-443-8869 or via email.