The Necessity for Offering Accounting Major
Despite the fact that Jordan is not suffering from a shortage in the number of graduates of the administrative and financial disciplines especially accounting, but most of these do not have direct knowledge of the business environment, due to the shortfall within the courses of study plans that relate to the administration and the institutions of business, the ability to solve problems and make the right decisions.
Create an intellectual environment that enables students to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for the practice of the accounting profession in the public and private sectors, professional and ethical manner to achieve success and overcome the difficulties in changing accounting environment.
Reduce travel expenses to universities in the north and central region.
Meet the needs of members of the economic, social and cultural life of society, and opens them wide horizons to improve their living conditions.
The possibility of providing an appropriate educational environment to achieve excellence in this department.
- Provide students with knowledge about the recording, analysis, interpretation, and communication of accounting information
- Provide students with the skills of the application of modern methods in accounting.
- Provide students with the skills of the use of information technology, and work as a team to design accounting systems.
- Provide students with the principles and duties of the ethics of the profession and seek to develop their skills.
On completion Accounting program students should be able to Job opportunities are
- Independent government institutions
- Financial institutions such as banks and insurance companies
- Governmental institutions
- Sole proprietorship, partnerships, and corporations
What are the available areas of working for graduates?
- Financial Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Financial Adviser
- Insurance expert
- Finance audit
- Public Accountant
- Financial Controller
- Management Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Tax Advisor
- Administrative and financial adviser
Period of Study
The average of the period of study for regular students and full-time is four-year, and the maximum period is seven years (as instruction of granting Bachelor's degree). Students should finish (132) credit hours successfully.
About the School
AUT is the first private university in the south of Jordan with an ambitious vision to be a distinguished university that catches the eyes of students and a favorite choice for students from Jordan an ... Read More