The bachelor's program Psychology oriented model at Bologna and fulfills the requirements according to § 7 para. 1 item 2 of the Austrian Psychologists Act, 2013.
It combines psychological and psychosocial fields of application based on a scientifically-based practice. Students are taught essential foundations of empirical research. They acquire basic knowledge in all major branches of psychology as the development, social, or neuropsychology. Based on this foundation consisting of theoretical knowledge, psychological action competences and key qualifications to care for people be further developed, which are particularly relevant for the later professional life.
A successful completion of the bachelor's program Psychology guarantees a fixed study space in the future Master studies psychology at the KL.
The study provides
- Self-awareness and group dynamics training groups
- "Experienced Involvement": Tandem lessons of psychiatry-experienced & teachers
- Focus on development of diagnostic skills
- Theory-based, research-founded doctrine
- Practice Middle instruction in small groups
- Intensive personal support
In the course of their studies, students hone through self-awareness and group dynamics seminars also very comprehensive in their personal development and learn a professional handling of interpersonal relationships in both the two settings as well as in groups. The bachelor's program "Psychology" but only serves as preparation for the planned master's program, as well as the previous scientific education. Successful completion alone empowered the Absolvent_innen however neither to guide the professional title "psychologist" yet to independently profession as Psycholog_in within the meaning of Austrian Psychologists Act.
The Absolvent_innen the bachelor's program Psychology possess basic scientific knowledge of psychology and have methods to solve psychological problems in various fields of application. You know the general principles of the social, human and scientific theories and are able the social science research results critically examine and deal to put in order.
Classes are held in blocked modules and module overlapping section events in all six semesters. In addition, a special focus is placed on real-world units. The knowledge is transmitted in both classroom and e-learning units and worked out in the form of online tasks and self-study. To bring the students in a real-world scenario as possible the subject matter in more detail, the teachers work with the likes of actors. These act as patients and provide certain medical conditions and professional everyday situations after. In this way a realistic framework to be created, in which students retrieve and expand their knowledge. Furthermore, it comes in the course of which turn to training of professional conduct in the workplace and in interpersonal relationships.
The bachelor's program Psychology is a written and oral examination, which includes the subject area of the thesis, completed.
Because of the interdisciplinary nature and the nature of the study design, the students acquire knowledge and basic skills of empirical research, description and explanation of human behavior and experience, taking into account the appropriate framework conditions. They also develop the ability of networked thinking, analytical skills and a solid theoretical knowledge about the psychology.
- Introduction to Psychology as Wissenscahft
- Statistics and Research Methods A
- Basics inter- and intrapersonal processes
- Psychology A: Cognitive foundations of behavior and experience
- A developmental psychology: childhood
- Empirical-experimental internship I
- Statistics and Methodology B
- Deepening inter- and intrapersonal processes
- Psychology B: volitional and emotional bases of behavior and experience, developmental psychology B: Adolescence, Clinical and Health Psychology A
- Empirical-experimental internship II
- Biological Psychology and Neuropsychology
- Psychological Assessment A
- Qualitative research methods and Psychological observation techniques
- Developmental psychology C: adulthood, Clinical and Health Psychology B
- Empirically-practical course III
- Social psychology and diversity
- Psychological Assessment B
- Work, Organizational and Business Psychology A
- Psychological action competences and key qualifications
- Psychological Assessment and expert reports
- Psychotherapy Group dynamics
- Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- Clinical and diagnostic Internship
- Self-awareness (individual or in group)
- Group dynamics training groups (T-groups)
- Techniques of empirical scientific work
- Work, Organizational and Business Psychology B
- Internship including supervision
- Bachelor thesis
- Proof of general university entrance qualification (school leaving certificate)
The general qualification can be detected by any of the following products:
- Graduate (Matura)
- Studienberechtigungsprüfung Science Studies 3 (eg Sport Sciences, Psychology)
- international matriculation examination, which is an Austrian matriculation examination equivalent
- Certificate on the conclusion of at least three years study at a recognized domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution.
- Knowledge of the language of instruction: German and English sporadically. Their language skills must at least level B2 according to the Common European Framework (GER), respectively.
About the School
The University aims to play a groundbreaking role in the advancement of health-related science and technology, focusing on four areas of study: health sciences, human medicine, psychotherapy and couns ... Read More