A company stands and falls with its employees. In times of demographic change and the "war for talent", effective employee leadership is crucial for the success of a company. Central HR competences are more in demand than ever before. Linking employee satisfaction and business success is the goal of every HR manager.
Your study structure
Your Human Resource Management (BA) course is structured into three sections that will bring you to your degree:
First stage of study
The basics of economics, business administration, marketing and human resources management are the focus of your studies. Based on this you will learn, among other things, methods of business informatics, cost accounting and law.
Second stage of study
After you have acquired a sound knowledge, you deepen your know-how in the areas of employee recruitment and leadership, vocational training, assessment, personnel development, labor law and project management - always in a very close relationship to practice.
Third stage of study
Finally, you specialize in two freely selectable fields. Depending on your interests, you will acquire knowledge in the areas of strategic personnel management, coaching and change management, leadership, digitalization in human resources management or international business.
You will check your know-how in a practical project work whose ways and solutions you document in writing - alone or in a team.
You independently work on a question on a specific subject area of your studies and document this in a self-produced bachelor thesis.
Your perspectives in distance learning personnel management
As a human resources manager, you take care of all aspects of employee leadership and development within companies, organizations or authorities. You combine your psychological knowledge with legal and business know-how. Their tasks depend strongly on the size of the company. In the manufacturing sector with a large proportion of skilled workers, for example, trainee recruiting and further education are in the foreground. In other companies, you are looking for the best executives worldwide. In some HR departments, you are responsible for diversity management and employee satisfaction and development. You take the lead in human resources projects and control operational and strategic activities in personnel management.
As an HR manager, you work closely with senior management and, in addition to everyday business, you also plan future corporate development goals. Controlling and personnel data management are also among your tasks. In addition to the employment relationship after the completion of your studies and an advisory activity on an independent basis conceivable. As a coach or personnel development consultant you support different companies in optimizing their personnel management.
- Key qualifications for study and work
- Basics of economics
- Basics of business
- Basics of Marketing Management
- Fundamentals of personnel management
- Basics of production and material management
- Personnel management and development
- Business Mathematics
- Basics of cost and activity accounting
- Economic order and economic policy in Germany
- Investment and financing
- Operative controlling
- Fundamentals of contract law
- Commercial, corporate and competition law
- Phase-oriented management and organization
- Employee recruitment and employee retention
- vocational training
- Project Workshop
- Assessment, potential diagnosis and personnel development
- Employment Law
- project management
Semester 5-6 and specialization
- Final exam Bachelor thesis
Your choices and opportunities
In the fifth and sixth semester you choose your two very personal specializations from five exciting areas:
- Strategic personnel management
- Coaching and change management
- Digitization in personnel management
- International Business
AKAD University - the pioneer in the digital, time and place-independent bachelor degree program
Organize your studies according to your individual professional and private situation. Get the most out of your learning type! With the digital AKAD study model you can acquire a bachelor's degree during your working life in a flexible, individual and efficient manner :
The AKAD Campus is the central hub for your Bachelor's degree. At any time and on the move, you can use your study documents online. Plan exams very flexibly and exchange information with your fellow students and professors. Would you like to know how close you have come to your Bachelor's degree? A look at the AKAD Campus is enough! With the AKAD study model as a working student successful for a Bachelor's degree:
- Distance learning: practice-oriented, up-to-date and clearly structured study materials. Time and place independent. For home and on the go!
- E-learning: efficient learning through digital learning methods: online exercises, online coaching and web-based training. So that the contents sit safely!
- Interactive e-learning: personally by tutors and in direct exchange with fellow students. Additional skills that you can use profitably in your job!
- Seminars (optional): complementary to the virtual forms of learning. Immediately apply what you have learned in concrete professional issues!