Course Learning Outcomes
The learning outcome of this course is to produce highly knowledgeable and skillful graduates in the field of security related to computer science and information technology. Graduates are competent in advanced specialized knowledge and skill to analyze, design, install, configure, implement, administer, maintain and monitor the security infrastructure.
Students are prepared with the basic information technology subjects and they are exposed to advanced subjects that comprise of analyze, design and produce legislation on cybersecurity policy and physical security policy. Graduates are able to gain recognition from professional bodies and can contribute to the development of information technology infrastructure, security, social and economic development of Malaysia in a few decades ahead.
A wide range of career opportunities in the field of computer science and information technology is open to graduates who specialized in computer security. Among the career opportunities such as Information Technology Executive, System Analyst, Network Security Manager/Administrator, System Security, Manager/Administrator, IT Project Manager, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Executive, System/Network Security Consultant, and Researcher.
The aim of FTMK to conduct the Bachelor of Computer Science (Computer Security) programme is to produce students with the following characteristics:
- Able to implement knowledge learned in Computer Science and Information Technology.
- Able to analyze, create and develop ICT applications.
- Able to analyze, create, assemble, configure, implement, manage, maintain and administer network infrastructure and security.
- Able to develop advanced computer network applications.
- Able to obtain recognition from professional bodies.
- Able to solve problems critically and creatively, and are able to communicate effectively.
- Able to contribute individual or group skills in various disciplines and domains.
- Able to reflect high self-esteem, strong ethics, moral values, leadership and entrepreneurship skills.
- Able to perform continuous self-learning to obtain knowledge and skills.
About the School
As a Focus University, UTeM boasts strengths in technical fields – namely Engineering, IT, and Management Technology. UTeM has cemented a reputation of being a source of high-quality engineering gradu ... Read More