The Bachelor's degree in social ecology is organized over three years of study, during the day. The CESS is required (or the equivalence of the high school diploma or bachelor's degree).
The atmosphere of the EOS is characterized by a very diverse school population: many nationalities, a range of age from 18 to over 40, a perfect mix, students with passions, cultures, interests very different, young people with a sense of responsibility, adults already engaged in professional life. All combine to give studies a very lively climate.
The Bachelor's degree in social ecology is organized in 3 years during the day (from 8h to 17h30). The CESS (or bac with equivalence) is essential.
A versatile training
An effective social action must tackle all the problems related to our increasingly urbanized societies (unsuitable or degraded housing, pollution, unfair mobility, lack of relaxation structures, rubbish, bad roads, noises, ...) .
The section Social Ecology wants to train students in a social relay profession that considers local development in a global perspective, that is to say ecological.
To this end, the studies revolve around several axes:
• a scientific axis dealing with chemistry, physics, biology, geography, health, ...
• a sociological and urbanistic axis dealing with the control of the realities of the communities spreading on the territory like the courses relating to the urban ecology, the right of the environment and the development of the territory, the urbanism, history of the cities, ...
• a psychosocial intervention axis, such as courses related to project construction, mediation, negotiation, conflict management, environmental management, etc.
Our teaching closely combines theory and practice. He supports the training on a theoretical approach and a practice
professional (field visits and conferences at the beginning of training, internships of at least 6 weeks in training and 12 weeks at the end of training).
Masters of practical training and professionals in the field will supervise the professional practice, the opportunity for the student to train, learn and put into action its achievements of a theoretical, methodological and deontological. It must allow him, from the end of his studies to enter the profession.
An international dimension
The development of international exchanges is a constant concern of HELB. Our Erasmus or other exchange programs allow you to study abroad or to do internships.
Career opportunities are many and varied. And this, in the sectors:
• Institutional : municipal, regional, provincial, local Agenda 21, sustainable development units, CPAS ...
• associative : environmental education, energy counter, environmental protection movement, ecological and educational farm ...
• private : environmental cells in companies, eco-labels, trade unions ...
Our students will have access to all professions related to regional planning, mobility and transport, energy and more particularly to renewable energies, urban planning and housing ...
Bachelors in Social Ecology can therefore perform functions:
• intervention • supervision • coordination • management • management • training ...
About the School
L’asbl, dont le siège social est établi à Forest (1190), avenue Besme n°97, a pour but d’organiser de l’enseignement. Elle peut poser des actes se rapportant directement ou indirectement à son but ou ... Read More