GOALS OF THE PROGRAM:
- Promote the acquisition of knowledge and the development of scientific skills, techniques and technology allow me to analyze circuits and operating modes and programming equipment.
- Develop my skills related to the recognition and enforcement of health and safety standards at work.
- Develop my sense of responsibility and autonomy.
- Develop my ability to learn and adapt to technological change.
I will learn to:
- Check operation of the main instruments and automation control and make the adjustment and programming.
- Interpret and modify the patterns to industry standards.
- Edit and participate in the design of systems for automation.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain safe systems and industrial equipment for the generation, transmission, distribution and control of electrical energy and its conversion into driving force.
- High school diploma (DES)
- Technical and Scientific Mathematics or Science or Mathematics Secondary 4 Cultural, Social and Technical Secondary 5
- Environmental Science and Technology or Science and Environment Secondary 4
- Mathematics 436
- Physical Science 436
The training received by the student in Industrial Electronics Technology makes it a versatile technologist capable of working effectively in the areas of primary metals, forestry and paper. They are found in the services sector, such as energy distribution and consulting engineering.
The CEGEP (College of General and Vocational Education) is the first level of higher education in Quebec, the second being university. CEGEPs provide two types of programs: graduate technical programs, which are primarily designed based on the labor market, although they also provide access to university and pre-university programs that prepare students for university. Both programs lead to a college degree (DEC).
All students seeking admission to a member institution of SRACQ must apply for admission before the deadlines for admission for the academic year beginning at the end of August for the session of and fall in mid-January for the winter session.
About the School
Sept-Îles, carrefour nordique et maritime, est la porte d’entrée d’un immense territoire qui constitue à bien des égards la nouvelle frontière du Québec.