Bachelor in Industrial Design
The subject area Industrial design is a rapidly accelerating trend in the transition from industrial society to a knowledge and communication-based society.
There are produced more products than ever before - and of very variable quality. The requirements for the products has also changed - they are becoming more intelligent and communicative. The products' values have moved from the purely material to what they can and what we can with them.
On Industrial design students work with the classic virtues such as sketching, marker drawing, 3-D programming and model building. But they deal increasingly with overall concepts for users' future and the intangible products carry with them. Therefore, using observation and mapping of user behavior patterns is a core area for the subject.
Industrial design emphasizes idea generation and visualization and the ability to work with companies and other professionals - from merkonomer and engineers to sociologists and anthropologists.
The field is currently working with numerous companies on training and project development, including Bang & Olufsen, Lego, Innovation Lab and Kildemoes.
The department aims to students at the line of Industrial Design achieves the following core competencies during their studies:
- The ability to combine conceptual thinking with concrete design.
- Ability to combining functionality, aesthetics and social responsibility into product development.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess design-related ethical issues.
- The ability to create design by identifying new technological opportunities and relate them to human needs.
- Understanding and mastery of design principles
- Knowledge of interface design.
- Knowledge of materials, their properties and how they are processed.
- Skills in the production of prototypes and models.
- Proficiency in computer-based 3D modeling and visualization.
- Knowledge of industrial work and production methods.
- The ability to act as intermediaries in interdisciplinary projects.
About the School
We cultivate and value talent and challenge it by teaching our students to reflect on their own process and by teaching them to collaborate by completing tasks related to specific contexts of use, pre ... Read More