Bachelor Degree in Marketing
Do you enjoy getting people’s attention?
If so, then a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Black Hills State University is the answer for you! Marketing is a dynamic field with many dimensions, including product selection and planning, product distribution, pricing, and promotion. This field poses many challenges and yields generous rewards for those meeting these challenges.
At BHSU, you will receive instruction from professors with years of real-world experience that have contact with state and regional businesses. Our faculty to student ratio in the classroom averages about 12-to-1. We are also readily available to work with you on your course schedules as well as your career planning.
Marketing 4 Year Plan
Business Administration with a Marketing Specialization: 4-YEAR PLAN
A minor is NOT required with a Business major. The Required Core and Specialization Credits are highly recommended to be taken as listed. This will allow you to fulfill your General Education Requirements for the University and progress through the Business Program efficiently.
- ACCT 210 Principles of Accounting I (pre-requirement for ACCT-211)
- ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics (general education)
- MIS 105 Introduction to Computers (pre-requirement for MIS 205 & BADM 320)
- ACCT 211 Principles of Accounting II (pre-requirement for ACCT 310, 430 & BADM 310)
- ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics (general education)
- MATH 281 Introduction to Statistics (general education; pre-requirement for BADM 320, 321, & 425 )
- MIS 205 Advanced Computer Applications (pre-requirement for ACCT 361)
- BADM 321 Business Statistics II
- BADM 370 Marketing (pre-requisite for BADM 482)
- BADM 320 Quantitative Decision Analysis
- BADM 344 Managerial Communications
- BADM 465 Integrated Marketing Communications**
- BADM 310 Business Finance (pre-requirement for BADM 482)
- BADM 350 Legal Environment of Business (pre-requirement for BADM 482)
- BADM 372 Advertising*
- BADM 471 Marketing Management*
- BADM 360 Organization & Management (pre-requirement for BADM 482)
- BADM 407 International Business
- BADM 476 Marketing Research**
- ECON 300/400 Elective
- BADM 473 Retail Management*
- BADM 475 Consumer Behavior*
- MIS 325 Management Information Systems
- Elective - 3 credits
- BADM 425 Production & Operations Management
- BADM 457 Business Ethics
- BADM 482 Business Policy & Strategy
- Electives - 3 credits
*Fall Only Classes
** Spring Only Classes
Start your career with a Marketing Degree
Looking for great job opportunities?
Employment in fields such as advertising, marketing, promotions, public relations, and sales is expected to increase faster than average for all occupations through 2014.
Earning a bachelor’s degree in marketing is an excellent preparation for any Masters of Business program. At BHSU, you are provided with the core courses and practical experience necessary for admissions.
About the School
BHSU Vision Black Hills State University will be recognized as an innovative, high-quality University in the Black Hills region, the state, the nation, and the world. We, at Black Hills State Universi ... Read More