Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management
Study Human Resource Management from BHSU
Are you looking for a degree in human resource management (HRM)? Earn your bachelor’s degree from Black Hills State University’s College of Business and Technology. All organizations, public and private, employ human resource (HR), professionals. Unlike many college major fields, a degree in HR equips the graduate with the knowledge and skills needed to assume entry-level professional employment.
Undergraduate study in human resource management at BHSU is taught by an interdisciplinary team of accomplished faculty including professors, entrepreneurs, and professionals in the human resource field. Many of our faculty worked in human resources or in the practice of law prior to becoming professors. Some of the professors remain active in the field, consulting and publishing research in the areas of their expertise. Your professors will incorporate several teaching methods including classroom instruction, guest lectures, field trips, and internships.
Human Resource Management 4 Year Plan
BHSU Business Administration with a Human Resource Management Specialization: 4-YEAR PLAN
A minor is NOT required with a Business major. The Required Core and Specialization Credits are highly recommended to be taken as listed. This will allow you to fulfill your General Education Requirements for the University and progress through the Business Program efficiently.
- ACCT 210 Principles of Accounting I (pre-req for ACCT-211)
- ECON 201 Principles of Microeconomics (gen ed)
- MIS 105 Introduction to Computers (pre-req for MIS 205 & BADM 320)
- ACCT 211 Principles of Accounting II (pre-req for ACCT 310, 430 & BADM 310)
- ECON 202 Principles of Macroeconomics (gen ed)
- MATH 281 Introduction to Statistics (gen ed; pre-req for BADM 320, 321, & 425 )
- MIS 205 Advanced Computer Applications (pre-req for ACCT 361)
- BADM 321 Business Statistics II
- BADM 370 Marketing (pre-requisite for BADM 482)
- BADM 320 Quantitative Decisions Analysis
- BADM 344 Managerial Communications
- HRM 417 Human Resource Management
- BADM 310 Business Finance (pre-req for BADM 411, 413 & 482)
- BADM 350 Legal Environment of Business (pre-req for BADM 482)
- HRM 452 Human Resource Information Systems & Workforce Analytics or HRM-456 Employment Law*^
- MIS 325 Management Information Systems
- BADM 360 Organization & Management (pre-req for BADM 482)
- BADM 407 International Business
- HRM 466 Training & Organizational Development
- HRM 465 Compensation Management**
- ECON 300/400 Elective
- HRM 452 Human Resource Information Systems & Workforce Analytics or HRM-456 Employment Law*^ HRM 459 Personnel Planning & Selection*
- BADM 425 Production & Operations Management
- BADM 457 Business Ethics
- BADM 482 Business Policy & Strategy
- Electives - 6 credits
*Fall Only Classes
** Spring Only Classes
^ Even Years
^^ Odd Years
Job possibilities with a degree in Human Resource Management
What can you do with a degree in HR Management?
Human resource management addresses any management decision or practice that affects the workforce and consists of a number of different sub-specialties. Your degree will open up a wide variety of employment opportunities such as:
- recruitment specialist
- job analyst
- compensation and benefits specialist
- HR information systems analyst
- HR generalist responsible for multiple functions
Are you looking to further your career?
There are many excellent graduate programs in Human Resources Management available throughout the United States and in other countries. A bachelor’s degree in HRM will provide you with the building blocks for most of these programs.
Get Involved: Discover Internships and Student Organizations
There are a number of HR internships available every year. The student HR association enjoys the active support of our parent chapter, the Black Hills Society for Human Resource Management and national affiliation with the Society for Human Resource Management. These organizations work with our facility to provide competitive paid and unpaid student internships. Many BHSU interns are offered professional employment upon graduation.
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a great way for you to become involved in HR. The primary purpose of the club is to help you obtain your first professional job in human resources. With this focus, the activities of the club include:
- Assistance with resume preparation
- Assistance with preparing for job interviews
- Facilitation of networking opportunities with potential employers
- Social events
About the School
BHSU Vision Black Hills State University will be recognized as an innovative, high-quality University in the Black Hills region, the state, the nation, and the world. We, at Black Hills State Universi ... Read More