The 3-year BA (Hons.) Business Studies programme enables our students with real-world skills, languages and internships that are highly desirable in the workplace. It meets the highest official standards as reflected by our government accreditation and British university validation. It is globally recognised, and our students have gone on to do Masters degrees at the best universities around the world. Taught in Brussels by United Business Institutes, this programme is validated by Middlesex University London and students will be awarded a Middlesex University London degree on successful completion.
The mission of United Business Institutes is to be a leading provider of the highest quality British style professional undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate business education and training with a focus on international business and management that is interculturally informed and career oriented as well as a solid understanding of general education. Serving students from Belgium, Luxembourg, China and other countries around the world, United Business Institutes will teach its students the 21 st century skills needed to be successful in contributing to economic and social development locally, regionally and internationally.
The broad objectives of United Business Institutes are to
- Provide British-style business education to its students, thereby enhancing their ability to engage in international commerce and to contribute to career development.
- Enable students to contribute to global understanding and socioeconomic development by providing them with intercultural communication skills.
- Cultivate a stimulating learning environment in which international business practices are informed by the highest standards of scholarly theory and principles of ethical behaviour.
- Provide students with the attitudes, skills, and habits for lifelong learning and leadership roles in the global economy.
- Be a centre of intellectual and practical excellence in the region, where teaching, internships, and practice are integrated.
The curriculum objectives of United Business Institutes programmes are
- Provide students with the skills and conceptual frameworks that will guide their careers in the field of business.
- Provide students with the tools and practical experiences essential to a career in business.
- Develop students’ knowledge of central functions of management, marketing, finance, and information technology in a global economy.
- Enhance students’ appreciation of the ethical and legal environment of business.
The Cross-Cultural Awareness component of the curriculum (non-credit required community activities and cultural events)
- Enhances students’ sensitivity to the impact of cultural differences in the workplace and management effectiveness.
- Helps students examine their own cultural assumptions about management and work style and practices.
- Develops students’ intercultural communication skills.
The achievement of equality of opportunities and inclusion is paramount to United Business Institutes. Our aim is to foster and develop a wide range of skills and experience that cannot be found within any single group of students or staff. In the pursuit of our aims, we seek to create a community in which diversity is valued and which both reflects and services the needs of the wider international community in which we operate.
Your Programme Structure
- The BA (Hons.) Business Studies programme at UBI is a full-time, modular three-year programme.
- The BA degree is validated by Middlesex University, London.
- Students are expected to complete 60 ECTS per academic year.
- Students must achieve 180 ECTS to graduate from the degree programme.
- All Middlesex University students on a full-time, three-year degree must complete the programme within a maximum of five years from the time of initial registration in order to qualify for the degree certificate.
BA Admission Policies
UBI endeavours to accept only those candidates whose records indicate that they possess the qualities needed to achieve academic success and who are willing to participate in the program in the spirit of openness and tolerance.
Entry Requirements for BA (Honours) Business Studies
- A complete application form submitted along with the required attachments. Only complete application files will be processed.
- School diploma (or equivalent) and grade transcripts
- Proficiency in English (please see below ‘English Language Entry Requirements’).
- An admission interview (either face-to-face or through SKYPE depending on your location).
- Other academic requirements as may be deemed necessary.
- The students must possess and be able to use a laptop. Admission, or rejection of the application, is dependent upon approval by the Deans on the basis of the application file. In case of rejection, no appeal is possible.
English Language Entry Requirements
The students must have competence in the English language, and UBI normally requires Grade C in GCSE or an equivalent qualification. The most common English Language requirements for international students are IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL internet-based 72. United Business Institutes also offers an Intensive Academic English course (Pre-Sessional). Successful completion of this course would meet English language entry requirements. For more information on applying for the pre-sessional, please email@example.com.
For details of other equivalent English language requirements that UBI accepts, please contact the administrative assistant.
UBI offers two intakes onto the BA degree programme:
- One in September (autumn) and one in February (spring).
For those BA students who commence studies in the autumn, September will mark the commencement and June the end of the academic year. For those students who start studies in the spring, February will mark the beginning and December the end of the academic year.
BA students who have gained credits on a recognised university degree programme elsewhere are invited to apply for a Credit Transfer. Sufficient official academic records and transcripts must support all such applications. Successful applications are dependent upon approval by the Dean and the Middlesex University Link Tutor. This may lead to module exemptions or, for BA students, direct entry in BA1 (second semester), BA2 or – quite exceptionally – BA3.
Yearly In-company Internship
United Business Institutes students are to secure a minimum of one internship (traineeship) per year with a company or corporation of their choice, regardless of its location. Remuneration arrangements –if any– are made according to the Company policy.
This internship programme helps students to get acquainted with actual business management aspects, in a real-life company environment.
In the two first years, students are not expected to be in a position of high responsibility. The primary goal of the Internship program for first and second-year students is to help them develop networking skills, understand the working mentality (practices and goals), communicate effectively within a professional environment, and mostly help them better define what area of Business they are most attracted.
For the last year, students are expected to be in charge of a specific aspect of the Business they will be part of for the duration of the internship. They will be able to build on the foundation previously acquired, and grow to positions of measurable significance. The Internship report should be an in-depth study of a particular aspect of the Business they were in. This aspect should be very closely related to a course subject (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Accounting, Management, etc.), and put in the Company perspective. This report should lead to accurate and well-structured conclusions, in the spirit of an actual “audit”.
About the School
The United Business Institutes adopts a mission of being a leading provider of the highest quality British-style undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate business education and training with a focus o ... Read More