Bachelor (Hons) Modelling and Data Science
The University of Mauritius in collaboration with University Paris Seine is currently offering a dual degree programme: Bachelor (Hons) Modelling and Data Science, also known as International Bachelor Ygrec in Modelling and Data Science. Data science, cybersecurity, economic and financial engineering, artificial intelligence, quantum technologies are all great challenges which companies face today and which require new and sharp skills.
This is a challenge based programme for excellent and curious students, taught exclusively in English, with a curriculum designed to have an impact on the world of tomorrow. Students will receive the best quality teaching inspired from “classes preparatoires”, engineering schools and university teaching, combined with the ability to learn through innovative pedagogy and openness to research and challenges of the 21st century.
It features a backbone in Mathematics, and applications to the economy, finance, statistics, mathematical modelling, data analysis, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, and aims to train future top scientists, engineers and managers, both French and English speaking, open to the global complexity of the world.
Overview of the programme
4 years are spent preparing the “International Bachelor Ygrec in Modelling and Data Science” which is completely taught in English.
After 3 years, students will obtain a national undergraduate diploma in Computer Science (Licence).
After completing the 4th year of the course, students obtain a Bachelor’s degree.
The Bachelor course taught exclusively in English is a four-year programme which is progressive, customised and open.
Years 1 and 2:
Students build solid scientific foundations and select "diving deeper" modules corresponding to their career plan.
Years 3 and 4:
Focus on the chosen modules corresponding to specialisation areas.
- Conferences and workshops on contemporary issues
- Learning by doing and the development of soft skills are predominant, so project work plays a major role in the Bachelor programme.
- Internships in companies
- International mobility
Optional year (4+1)
After completing the 4th year of the course, students obtain a Bachelor’s degree and may decide to begin their professional career or to continue studying for one extra year (4+1).
If they want to follow the 4+1 programme, they will choose specialisation modules at the beginning of the 4th year, according to their career project: entering an engineering school or pursuing with the second year of a Master’s programme. They will obtain either an Engineering School diploma or a national Master’s degree at the end of the optional (5th ) year.
Students choose between the two following possibilities for their optional year of studies in this programme:
- Engineering School - Engineering diploma
- University - Master's degree
- Mauritian Students: 3000 euros/year for the first two years & 5000 euros/year for the remaining two years
- International Students: 5000 euros/year
* Free laptop worth € 2,300 including over 80 software installed is offered free of charge for all students
Criteria for admission for French and international students:
- Strong academic skills in high school, especially in Mathematics and Science.
- High school leaving certificate enabling access to a university.
- Swiss high-school maturité certificate, European high-school certificate, or equivalent.
- English proficiency level CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages) B2 or with a copy of either one of the tests scores TOEIC 800, IELTS 6.0, TOEFL 80.
How to apply for the International Bachelor Ygrec:
Applicants must send all required documents (see list below) to:
Admissions team: admission_bachelorY @ universiteparisseine.fr or firstname.lastname@example.org
List of required documents to include in your application file:
- Completed Application form
- Copies of your transcripts of records for the previous two years.
- If relevant, copy of your High school leaving certificates, such as French Baccalaureate, OIB, International Baccalaureate, Swiss high-school maturité certificate, European high-school certificate, or equivalent.
- Copy of your passport or ID card.
- A CV in English.
- Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) in which you tell us more about your interests and personal objectives and explain why you want to apply.
- English proficiency certificate level B2.
- Two essays of 1000 words maximum:
- Essay 1: “Your interest in data science” - State what motivated you to study data science.
- Essay 2: “Significant experience” - Highlight an important quality that you possess, which is vital for success in your professional life. How has this quality been expressed in the past and how do you express it today?
Admission procedure and deadline
- the eligible candidates are invited to submit application documents indicate above
- the jury committee will study the received application package
- the selected candidates will be notified to join the motivation interview either at distance or on campus
- the application result will be announced by email with two weeks after the interview
the application deadline is open until 15th June 2019 for visa-seeking students; places are limited, we, therefore, advise the candidates who meet selection criteria to send us a complete application form and requires documents.
Students who are accepted into the programme will receive required documents and information relating to visa application (if necessary).
Contact our Teams:
- Academic team: academic_bachelorY @ universiteparisseine.fr
- Admission team: admission_bachelorY @ universiteparisseine.fr or email@example.com
- Phone: +33 1 82 31 05 65
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://eisti.fr/en/international/international-bachelor-ygrec-modelling-and-data-science
University of Mauritius:
- Academic team: email@example.com
- Phone: 403-7893
About the School
The University of Arizona, or UA, is a premier, public research university. The National Science Foundation ranks the UA 23rd in research and development expenditures among U.S public universities and ... Read More