- To give students a thorough knowledge of the basic theoretical and methodological elements and modes of operation characterizing the various sectors of psychology
- Interdisciplinary training with emphasis on epistemological, anthropological, historical and sociological aspects
- To provide a thorough knowledge of quantitative, qualitative, experimental, conversational, and ethnographic methods and techniques, as well as co-operative research
- The acquisition of operative and applicative competences which assist research.
- In the psychosocial field (individual, social and organizational interventions) with particular emphasis on scholastic concerns, training, family, health, work and environmental aspects
- Assessment and psychometric testing
- Counselling for individuals, couples, families, groups, communities and organizations
- Psychological research within local, national and international institutions and organizations.
- Psychological Studies
The course enrolment is programmed for 300 students.
Each year, entry tests are held in September.
Services for the Degree Course
Admission to Italian Universities is possible only if the student holds a Diploma di Maturità ("A" Levels/Higher School Certificate) gained after 5 years at a high school. Admission to the Degree Course in Psychological Studies is limited by a quota, reached through an Entry Test.
Evaluation tests are freely available online on the University Website for the following foreign languages: French, English, Spanish and German. Passing these tests ensures that students have the minimum linguistic competences required to then take the Foreign Language Tests attesting to their knowledge of the languages which are part of their Study Plan.
The Faculty offers a tutoring service involving teaching staff, tutors and students. The aim is to assist and advise students in their studies. In particular, help is given to students enrolling in the weeks just before lessons start and assistance is given as regards transfers from vecchio ordinamento to nuovo ordinamento, and from other universities or other degree courses. Advice is given also as regards the student’s choice of specialization and his study and training projects.
Various opportunities are offered which are linked to the student's training and thesis topic.
These are the result of collaboration between the University and host companies or public bodies, both of which aim to identify the trainee's objectives, plan the activities to be undertaken by the trainee (backed up and supervised by the university teaching staff and tutors) and outline the end result.
The Faculty has implemented collaboration and international exchanges with the Universities of Barcelona, Perpignan, Geneva, Freiburg, etc.
About the School
The University of Bergamo is located in Lombardia, a region in Northern Italy with more than 10 millions inhabitants and one of the regions with the highest GDP pro capita in Europe.