- Good, basic knowledge of theoretical linguistics and in Italian language and literature
- Complete written and spoken competence in at least two foreign languages besides Italian (one of which must be a language spoken in the EU) as well as a knowledge of the cultural heritage of the countries where these languages are spoken
- The ability to use the main computer systems
- To provide suitable professional training for admission to specialized courses for the teaching of foreign languages at various school levels.
- Employment in public and private companies dealing with foreign countries
- In national, international and government institutions dealing with co-operation and development
- In publishing, communications, radio and TV, journalism
- Public and private companies operating in the tourist industry.
- Far East Cultures and Literatures
- Intercultural Processes
- Linguistics and Literatures
- Tourism and Culture
An entry test will be held to assess students' levels for each language (Italian and English / French / German / Spanish).
Services for the Degree Course
Admission to Italian Universities is possible only if the student holds a Diploma di Maturità ("A" Levels/Higher School Certificate) gained after 5 years at a high school. Students enrolled in the first year of their course are required to have reached a level of written and spoken proficiency in the chosen foreign languages which is equivalent to The Council of Europe Common European Framework A2 level, in order to be able to reach total competency in both languages.
On the University website, online foreign language tests are available (French, English, Spanish, Russian and German) and a pass mark attests that the students have the linguistic skills required to follow the lessons offered by the Faculty of Foreign Languages and Literatures.
Students who are not up to the standard required in one of the languages chosen as a basic subject are obliged to attend the relative intensive preparatory course which will be held from September to October. Students who are not up to standard in both languages chosen will have to further their knowledge by using the learning aids offered by the University Language Centre.
The Department offers a tutoring service aimed at assisting newly enrolled students, guiding and advising them in their learning activities and helping them to decide their plan of studies.
Recognition of Certificates
Certificates attesting to competence in a foreign language obtained during the last five solar years are recognized. This is valid for French (DELF, DALF), English (PET, Trinity, FCE, CAE), Russian (TBU, TRK), Spanish (DELE) and German (ZD, ZDIB, ZMF). The certificate attesting to computer skills (ECDL- European Computer Driving Licence) is also recognized.
About the School
The University of Bergamo is located in Lombardia, a region in Northern Italy with more than 10 millions inhabitants and one of the regions with the highest GDP pro capita in Europe.