- To prepare a well-rounded professional able to deal with the many technical and organizational aspects of industry and the services sector.
- To provide a knowledge of the methodological and operational aspects both concerning basic management engineering studies and those regarding specific fields such as projects for new machinery, the management of production plants, energy conservation and quality control.
- Employment in the mechanics and electro-mechanics sector
- Positions in companies concerned with energy conservation
- Positions in firms supplying industrial machinery
- Positions in the industrial automation and robotics sector
- Employment in the manufacturing companies in general.
There is no selection test for enrolment in the course, but there is a test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences.
Students enrolled in the first year of their course are required to have reached a level of proficiency in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
Each year, entry tests are held in September.
Services Offered for the Degree Course
Every year before lessons start, intensive preparatory courses are organized in the following subjects for those students who are not up to standard:
- Basic computer skills
The material of various courses is available on the University website. This may be used as part of network teaching and collaboration and is a backup for those students who cannot attend lessons on a regular basis.
A tutoring service is available aimed at advising and assisting students during their course of studies and resolving difficulties to enable them to obtain the maximum results from attending courses. This service is provided by tutors whose task it is to advise and help students from each year of the course, in collaboration with teaching staff.
Foreign language tests
The level required by the School of Engineering is the Threshold Level established by the Council of Europe which corresponds to Level B1 of the Framework of Reference. Language skills are tested to verify the student's level at entry. For English, students are tested within the University; more information about Certificazioni riconosciute available in Italian.
Students can also take the relevant on-line self-test.
About the School
The University of Bergamo is located in Lombardia, a region in Northern Italy with more than 10 millions inhabitants and one of the regions with the highest GDP pro capita in Europe.