To provide the student with:
- a broad base of business skills to be able to compete in modern and dynamic managerial environment
- basic competence in the fields of Business Administration, Management and Economics
- main techniques to operate in accounting and tax administration
- main types of financial transactions paying particular attention to market orientation
- specific training in corporate finance, involving mathematical and statistical methods and techniques required to solve financial problems
- a base of computer skills concerning enterprise resource planning and its application in e-business
- competence in cultural knowledge and professional expertise required for understanding the international business context and its rules.
In various business areas such as accounting, organization, marketing, production, finance, planning, auditing and tax matters in private, public and no profit organizations.
- Accounting and Control
- International Trade and Financial Markets
There is no selection test for enrolment in the course, but there is a test to ascertain the student's initial level of competences. Students enrolled in the first year of their course are required to have reached a level of proficiency in:
Each year, entry tests are held in September.
Services for the Degree Course
Admission to Italian Universities is possible only if the student holds a Diploma di Maturità ("A" Levels/Higher School Certificate) gained after 5 years at a high school (except for Officer Training Course).
On the University website, at www.unibg.it/elearning various courses are available as part of a network teaching programme and may be used as a study aid also by those students who cannot attend lessons on a regular basis. On the e-learning web page of the Department of Management, Economics and Quantitative Methods a course is available showing how on-line tuition works.
Within the Department of Management, Economics and Quantitative Methods a tutoring service is available, whose aim is to assist students during their course of studies and help solve any problems they may encounter while attending courses. This service is offered by tutors, in collaboration with the various teaching bodies, who will advise and assist students in choosing their plan of studies.
An internship is an integrating aspect of the training and teaching activities proposed by the Department of Management, Economics and Quantitative Methods and allow students to obtain a number of credits as specified in their plan of studies. The trainee has the opportunity to gain experience in companies or public institutions and integrate his or her knowledge of the various subjects studied, theoretical know-how and practical skills.
Students who possess the following internationally-recognized certificates: FCE, BEC1, British Chamber of Commerce (Basic), Trinity College (level 7), TOEFL (137-249 points) do not have to take the entrance test and will be admitted directly into the Specialized Language Course. Students who possess one of the following internationally-recognized certificates BEC2, BEC3, CPE, CAE, British Chamber of Commerce (Intermediate/Advanced), Trinity College (level 8-9) TOEFL (250 and over) do not have to take the entrance test and will be awarded 6 credits.
Students who possess a European Computer Driving Licence (E.C.D.L.) will be awarded 3 credits and do not have to take the first informatics test which is part of the Computer Science course.
About the School
The University of Bergamo is located in Lombardia, a region in Northern Italy with more than 10 millions inhabitants and one of the regions with the highest GDP pro capita in Europe.