Duration of studies:
- Academic Semester (6 months): alternating basic of management and professional practice (5 sessions of 2 weeks)
- Internship Semester: 4 months (minimum) in France
- Academic Semester (6 months): alternating advance management and professional practice (5 sessions of 2 weeks)
- Internship Semester: 4 months (minimum) International
- Marco Polo Student Exchange program: Possibility to join one the 31 other Vatel Schools for a complete 2nd year overseas to gain international exposure
- Academic Semester (6 months): alternating advance management and professional practice
- Professional practice: Possibility to join the entrepreneurship module replacing the professional practice, possibility to become Assistant Director at Vatel Hotel and Restaurant (Management of the department and management of 1st and 2nd-year students)
- In France: Baccalauréat
- In Belgium: Certificat de fin d’études secondaires
- In Spain: Bachillerato
- In Switzerland: Maturité
In other countries: High School diploma, A Level or University Entry Exam
Language proficiency requirements:
- Program taught in French: DELF B2
Program taught in English: IELTS 5.5 / TOEFL iBT 80 / Cambridge CPE B2, CAE B2, FCE Grade B
Becoming an operational manager in an international environment, mastering managerial, team-leading and management techniques. Developing professional, legal, economic and linguistic abilities with the goal of being an operational manager in a company.
Degrees and Diplomas prepared:
- Bachelor's Degree in International Hotel Management/Manager en Hôtellerie internationale
- A French State Certified level II degree registered in the National Repertory of Professional Certifications by an administrative order from the Minister of the Environment and Health in France and published in the Official Journal of the French Republic on April 5, 2012.
MANAGEMENT 1 CURRICULUM
Students are introduced to marketing, human resources, management, professional culture, and acquire experience at school in the restaurant, in culinary production techniques, banqueting constraints, etc. before finishing their academic year by an internship in the country in which they are studying.
MANAGEMENT 2 CURRICULUM
While continuing to gain knowledge, students are introduced to practical managerial situations by managing 1st year students and being supervised by 3rd year students. They gain confidence and do an internship in a foreign country.
MANAGEMENT 3 CURRICULUM
Students have all basic knowledge required. Students then are ready to begin team management, right in School. They develop their analytical capacities, using the wealth of knowledge they now have, devise strategies and the take their first steps in making decisions.
Marco Polo Program: Students have the possibility of doing their school year (Management 2) in another Vatel School, after the dean of their host School has validated this project.
VATEL Bordeaux partners
VATEL has developed partnerships with some of the most prestigious hotels, restaurants, bars in Bordeaux's region for the benefit of their students who can practice their future jobs with highly qualified professionals.
- Grand Hotel de Bordeaux & Spa ***** (http://www.ghbordeaux.com/uk/index.php)
- Hotel Burdigala ***** (http://www.burdigala.com)
- Mercure Hotel Cite Mondiale **** (http://www.citemondiale.com)
- Hotel de Seze **** (http://www.hotel-de-seze.com)
- Le Boutique Hotel & Wine Bar **** (http://hotelbordeauxcentre.com/eng)
- Château Hotel & Spa Grand Barrail Saint-Emilion (http://www.grand-barrail.com)
- L'O de l'HA restaurant (http://odelha.fr) and much more...
About the School
Created more than 35 years ago, VATEL is the first and largest group of hotel management schools in the world with more than 40 campuses on 4 different continents. More than 7,000+ students are study ... Read More