- Faculty Name: Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services
- Study domain: Civil Engineering
- Name of the university program: Civil Engineering
- Language of instruction: This study program is offered in English and Romanian
- Type of studies (full-time, part-time, distance-learning): Full-time
- Standard length of studies (in years) & number of semesters: 4 years/8 semesters
- Number of ECTS Credits (on semesters and on length of studies): 30 credits/semester, 240+10 credits in total
- Academic calendar (starting and ending dates of the courses): October 1st – June 30th. Extended to September 30th for re-examinations.
There is an increasing demand for construction graduates worldwide. Graduates holding a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from ‘Gheorghe Asachi’ Technical University are able to perform tasks in the design and building processes for civil, industrial and agricultural constructions both in new investments projects or the rehabilitation of existing structures.
The program is fully accredited by the Romanian Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ARACIS) – a full member of the European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ENQA) since September 2009 – and is registered in the European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education (EQAR).
The Civil Engineering Program is designed to enable students to start their career, to begin graduate studies or both and provides a broad traditional civil engineering background that focuses on basic theory and design. Our core principle is developing key skills necessary to help graduates embark on a successful career in civil engineering and also to further the education base, allowing them to contribute to civil engineering research and development.
Specific subjects are selected to obtain a strong technical base, with elements of theoretical and practical nature and an emphasis on producing quality graduates. The graduates will get advanced analytical knowledge and transferrable skills which allow them to adapt to the challenges of working in many industries.
The Civil Engineering program, fully taught in English, has been successfully running for the last 20 years and our graduates enjoy professional recognition both in Romania and abroad.
The learning environment consists of:
- Daily activities for traditional learning (lectures and seminars).
- Weekly laboratory works.
- Projects related to the specific design of constructions (3rd and 4th academic years).
- Yearly practical stages on construction sites for connected activities.
- Specific construction project as the graduating diploma work.
Duration & Credits
Jobs and internships.
Admission & Fees
EU/EEA/Swiss Confederation citizens must acquire recognition of graduated studies for admission in a Romanian higher education institution, which will have to be assessed by the Romanian Centre for Equivalence and Recognition of Diplomas (CNRED). A certificate issued by CNRED recognising the candidate’s previous studies will have to be included in the application papers, along with application form and copies of study documents, birth certificate, passport, medical certificate, international English language certificate, photos and, where applicable, name change documents, certification showing student status and diploma.
Non-EU citizens’ application file must include application form and copies of study documents, academic records for completed studies, birth certificate, passport, medical certificate, international English language certificate, documents proving residence abroad and documents proving payment of the file processing fee.
Important: other than these general requirements, each candidate must also meet certain specific requirements when applying to this study program.
Admission to this Bachelor’s program is based on the average grade of the candidate’s baccalaureate or equivalent high-school graduation exam.
- For non-EU students, the tuition fee is 270 EUR per month (2430 EUR per year).
- For EU students, the tuition fee is 3000 RON per year.
About the School
TUIASI students have access to top notch technical studies, as the university is one of the best in the country and Eastern Europe. Great professors, relevant courses and new labs await you.