Being online, mobile and connected offers enormous opportunities. Honestly: Can you still without? On the other hand, however, this state also carries risks that must be considered professionally and systematically. Design our digital world - mobile and secure. Study IT Security and Mobile Systems at the University of Stralsund! And so much is promised: With a campus by the sea, the fun is not too short.
See you on the modern campus right on the Baltic Sea!
- Degree Program - IT Security and Mobile Systems - Bachelor (SMSB)
- Faculty - Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Start of studies - winter semester
- Approval - approval-free
- Duration of study - 7 semesters
- Creditpoints - 210 ECTS
- Degree - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Lecture Language - German
- general university entrance qualification (Abitur) or
- Fachhochschulreife or
- Master's degree or equivalent vocational training or technical school examination (more information at the General Counseling Office) or
- access check
Most of us today have a smartphone, are permanently online and of course use various online services as well as social media channels. We surround ourselves with devices that communicate with each other around the clock and increasingly autonomously make decisions for us.
The technical developments of recent years, in addition to all the possibilities, also harbor security risks. How safe or vulnerable are we and our data? The use of highly networked systems requires an awareness of the dangers of these systems and interlocking security measures.
As a graduate of the degree program "IT Security and Mobile Systems", you have an eye on the security of the systems you are developing. They are able to design, develop and implement systems including appropriate security concepts.
Goals and job prospects
The Bachelor's degree program prepares you directly for a job or serves as the basis for a Master's degree. General knowledge of computer science qualify you in all areas of software development. The specialization of the degree program also opens up additional exclusive fields of employment in the area of IT security, mobile systems and the intersection of these areas.
The program prepares you for responsible and demanding activities, such as in the following areas:
- IT security consulting, analysis and testing
- Design, construction, administration and operation of computer networks and information systems with special consideration of security aspects
- Software development, in particular for distributed and mobile applications, taking into account security aspects
- Development of intelligent and safe assistance systems as well
- Management and leadership tasks
The standard period of study is seven semesters, including the internships. The focus of the IT security sub-area is on qualifications that are very important today in the areas of network and system security as well as cryptography. The focus of the Mobile Systems sub-area is software development.
In the first few semesters, the basic education takes place so that you understand the complex systems in computer science. In addition to the compulsory modules, in the fourth semester you also choose an elective course and choose between Big Data, Cryptographic Protocols, Maintenance, Artificial Intelligence and Computer Graphics. You will gain further specialization in the higher semesters and, among other things, also work on joint projects in a team.
Professional air sniff in the 5. Semester: This practical semester consists of a total of 20 weeks and is completed outside the university in a company, an authority or an institution.
- Mathematics I
- Hardware Basics I
- Programming I
- operating systems
- Introduction to the study
- Communication and self-management
- English I
- Mathematics II
- Hardware Basics II
- Programming II
- LP operating systems
- computer networks
- English II
- Laboratory internship software
- Algorithms and data structures
- Network Security
- Mobile systems
- Development of Secure and Mobile Systems
- Usability engineering for mobile systems
- Elective according to catalog
- Theoretical computer science
- Embedded Systems
- Autonomous Mobile Systems
- Basics Business Administration
- Communication & Presentation
- IT - Law and Privacy
- IT project
- Bachelor thesis
About the School
Welcome to HOST! Are you thinking about studying here? Or are you interested in a period of study or internship abroad? Are you a university lecturer or staff member who would like to find out more ab ... Read More