Erected by the National Episcopal Conference of Congo in July 2009, the Faculty of Political Science Intends to promote in-depth teaching and rigorous research in political science. It also intends to contribute to the advent and development of policies based on peoples' experiences.
The Faculty of Political Sciences is thus called upon to train experts in political science in order to encourage and support the desires of peoples towards the establishment of good political governance. Students trained in these sciences must harmonize academic and professional maturation with training in moral and religious principles and initiation into the social doctrine of the Church. The curriculum will thus include appropriate ethical training and provide opportunities for Catholic doctrine courses.
The Faculty of Political Science contributes to the training of responsible citizens, people capable of managing public affairs in the interests of all in a state governed by the rule of law. The students trained in this faculty may be employed in the following new professions:
- Researcher and teacher, specialists in social innovation issues and theories
- Member of political institutions and support for democracy
- Member of Parliament at all levels
- Director or member of ministerial offices responsible for informing policy makers
- High official of the State and of the ETDS
- Journalist and Political Chronicler
- Lobbyist, negotiator, mediator and facilitator in conflict resolution
- A political actor enlightened by the principles of good governance
- Electoral Observer and Counselor in Election Conflict
- Political consultant and spokesperson for government and other political institutions
- Diplomat and International Relations Advisor
- International civil servant in international organizations
- Educator on the political strategies of decision and position of the banks
- Public or private administrator or manager
- Members of intelligence services to help the State and its public services improve their performance
- Trainers of political and population frameworks for democracy and good governance
- Candidate priests can become advisors of the diocesan curia in political matters.
About the School
L’Université Catholique du Congo est une Université privée Catholique réputée par son excellence, par son dynamisme, par sa qualité exceptionnelle des enseignements offerts à ses étudiants et pour la ... Read More