BTech in Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering boasts of the richly integrated curriculum of education and research for its students. The Department offers BTech, MTech, BTech-M.Tech (Dual Degree) and Ph.D. programme in Mechanical Engineering.
Our undergraduate programs combine a broad-based education in the engineering sciences with a strong grounding in quantitative, problem-solving, design, and communications skills. By emphasizing both analytical and creative methods, Mechanical Engineering department gives students the broad skills set they need to pursue their goals - whether that means working as an engineer, founding a company, continuing on to graduate study and research, or going to a professional school to study medicine, business, or law.
Students have a variety of opportunities to investigate a broad range of research in many fields of mechanical such as Thermal, Industrial, Production, Design Automobile etc. Much of the research is conducted within the department, but many projects are carried out in collaboration with other departments and centers on campus, as well as with other R&D institutions and national laboratories in the country and abroad. The faculty, students and staff author many research publications annually in leading national and international journals and conferences. Several of the faculty are fellow of various national technical societies and members of technical bodies and have received recognition in the form of national and international awards. The alumni and staff of this department occupy high positions in institutions of higher learning, research laboratories and industries in India and abroad. The Mechanical Engineering Faculty are continuing to explore new areas of research and develop new courses. Some of the areas in which the department faculty has ventured into are MEMS, Solar Thermal Power, Robotics, Flames & Combustion etc.
It will be a traditional program leading to the bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, with an option of getting specialization in the following fields as per the choice of the student:
- Thermal Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
Some of the salient features of the program
- A student enrolled for this program will get a bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering after the completion of the program, but he/she will also have an option to get the above degree along with a certificate of specialization in any one of above streams as per their choice and preference.
- To get B.Tech Mechanical Engineering with specialization, the student will have to take four electives (DE-I to DE-IV) in seventh and eight semesters from the same stream of specialization and he/she will have to do final year Major project in the same area.
- If the student wants to pursue B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (without specialization) then he/she is free to take electives in seventh and eight semesters from any offered stream mentioned above, and there will not be any constraint regarding the area of final year Major project.
About the School
Engineering is the application of physical principles to the solution of problems and requires the skills of numeracy, creativity, ingenuity and practicality. Engineering is a wide – ranging professio ... Read More