The International Economics & Finance degree seeks to provide an appropriate mixture of economics and finance modules to provide students with a combination of economics and finance analytical skills as well as a strong understanding of the UK and international financial markets.
The unique strength of our course is the clear emphasis on application and critical understanding. As such, we are proud to be the first new university to adopt the new CORE curriculum.
The course aims to create highly skilled individuals that are able to undertake analytical tasks rather than just knowing about finance and economics.
Economics degrees at Cardiff Met were ranked as the best in Wales according to the Guardian University League Table 2016 and 2017. Find out more. The last NSS student satisfaction score was 95%.
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Five GCSE passes including English Language and Mathematics* at grade C or above (grade 4 or above for applicants holding newly reformed GCSEs in England), plus 112 points from at least two A levels (or equivalent).
Typical offers may include:
- 112 points from at least two A levels to include grades CC; Welsh Baccalaureate – Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate considered as the third subject
- RQF BTEC National Extended Diploma/Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma DMM
- 112 points from at least two Scottish Advanced Highers to include grades DD
- 112 points from the Irish Leaving Certificate at Highers to include 2 x H2 grades. Higher level subjects only considered with a minimum grade H4
- 112 points from the Access to Higher Education Diploma
*For Welsh applicants sitting the reformed Mathematics GCSE, we will accept either GCSEMathematics or Mathematics – Numeracy.
About the School
Located in an exciting, modern European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a global university. We are continually investing in our students' future and provide education and training op ... Read More