- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 4 years (240 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)
- Tuition fee: €2850
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30
- Studies commence: September 1
Bachelor in Maritime and Port Engineering (Specialisations: Sea Ports Engineering; Maritime Transport Logistics; Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding; Engineering and Management of Liquefied Natural Gas)
Maritime and Port Engineering is a unique, promising, and popular study programme. Its graduates are excellent specialists who have a good knowledge of transport and seaport engineering and are able to use the latest computerized information systems. Students are provided with advanced theoretical knowledge and practical skills; they enjoy the opportunity of becoming strategists of new technologies.
The structure of the curriculum
During the studies, students analyze the port infrastructure, superstructure, and other port and shipping-related systems. The courses in the curriculum include: Cargo Types and Flows; Freight Transportation, Forwarding, and Agency; Maritime Transport Management; Transport Systems; Intro to Port Engineering; Intro to Port Infrastructure; Intro to Port Superstructure; Intro to Port Organization and Logistics; Port Terminal Planning; Special Terminals Organization and Operation, etc.
Upon completion of the study programme, the graduate is sure to get a job in the modern and developing port of Klaipeda as well as in other ports that are considered to be guarantors of human wellbeing. Graduates can work as engineers in various maritime industries, port administration, etc., in the fields of stevedoring, ship agency, and freight forwarding; they can work as technical consultants or managers of industrial enterprises and their divisions.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique among its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania