- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 4 years (240 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Social Sciences)
- Tuition fee: €2,700
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programs is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: June 30, 2019
- Studies commence: September 2
Bachelor in Psychology
Psychology is a universal and widely applied science. You cannot manage without the knowledge of psychology in any area of life where you deal with people – in family, at school, in an organization as well as in the computer science, advertising, or even space. During your studies in the program, you will find out why people behave, feel, or think in one way or another and how they interact. You will learn how, based on scientific research findings, psychologists seek to understand such phenomena as human development from infancy to old age, mental health, learning, personality, and many other things. During your apprenticeship periods, you will get acquainted with the specificity of psychologist’s work in various fields, test yourself, and choose further studies in the field of interest for you. The acquired knowledge will help you to better understand yourself and others.
The structure of the curriculum
Intro to Psychology; Bio-Psychology; Neuropsychology; Evolutionary Psychology; Statistics; Statistical Methods in Psychological Research; Psychological Evaluation Methods; Developmental Psychology; Personality Psychology; Social Psychology with a practicum of communication skills development; Emotions and Motives; Communication Psychology; Clinical Psychology; Organizational Psychology; Educational Psychology; Psychological Counseling; Crises Psychology; Conflict Psychology; Anomalous Psychology; Existential Psychology; Family Psychology; Psychotherapeutic Techniques; Professional Ethics of Psychologist.
On graduating from the bachelor’s degree program in psychology, graduates acquire basic education in psychology. They can: continue in the master’s studies in psychology or any other social science; to work as psychologist assistants at school or any other psychology-related area (to develop and implement preventive programs at school, to work with groups of pupils, parents, and teachers or in the field of psychology education, to carry out psychological surveys, etc); to get jobs in the institutions where the competences of psychologist are considered to be an advantage, where communication skills are necessary, as well as understanding of human behavior and group psychology (social care, health care, public administration, industrial and other enterprises and organizations). To start an independent practice of psychologist, you need to complete master’s degree studies either in Klaipėda University or in other universities.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- Wide range of programs
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania
Program taught in: